Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

33 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Do we have to keep mentioning Crapchester United so frequently, this is a Newcastle United forum.

Oh behave part of being a fan is laughing at other clubs it’s the exact reason we have a Sunderland thread. We are in direct conflict with Man Utd over Ashworth so they’ll get mentioned a lot until that resolved and old Jim is giving us plenty to laugh at.

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Which he didn't do. 

In fairness I guess the quote from the mail was directly lifted from the email he sent.. so maybe he didn't publically criticise his staff.. maybe it was leaked by a member of staff. Don't know which is worse tbf.

36 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Nowt wrong with him giving people a kick up the arse.

Publically criticising members of staff is another matter.

But it's his bat and ball. So he can do what he wants.

The more he hogs the limelight, the less chance that the media might remind us that Dave Brailsford was leader of team sky during the doping saga.

It’s not though, he’s doesn’t own anywhere near a majority of the club, and what he does own, aren’t even A class shares.

Just now, Stifler said:

It’s not though, he’s doesn’t own anywhere near a majority of the club, and what he does own, aren’t even A class shares.

Fair point.. its the glaziers bat and ball and they are letting him do what he wants.

Posted (edited)
On 03/05/2024 at 17:11, healthyaddiction said:

Prefer to take the 4pt deduction. Where has the needing 6m come from though? Don't remember seeing that anywhere.

Wyness claimed that Newcastle are close to breaking financial rules but are not expected to be deducted points or demoted.

He said: “I think Newcastle are right on the edge of the FFP regulations.

“I believe they’re going to be just about okay.

“Newcastle should have done better commercially in the last year, especially since they were in the Champions League.

“They could have been more aggressive with sponsorship and other revenue streams.

Not heard much about us being in breach by any amount either?

Edited by mighty__mag

1 hour ago, Ben said:

100% agree, turns out he's just like Ashley, he knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

time will tell but I do feel like Man Utd fans are feeling about Ratcliffe like we did when Ashley took us over.  We were desperate for change.  Money was being leeched from our club. Ashley came in and made the right noises.  Anything he did was praised.  Then reality sunk in and we realised what we really had.  There are so many red flags with Radcliffe that are just being ignored and even being celebrated (especially by amphibians).  Man Utd have all of the advantages and anything less than consistent year on year title and Europe contention should be seen as failure. Let’s see what the situation is in a couple years.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Froggy said:

It is not a direct quote. It's quotes from the email, which was sent privately, and then leaked to the Athletic. 

Fair play to you for the acknowledgement that you might be misguided though. :lol: not many do that. 

in a position like his you’ve got to be an idiot to think if you send am email like that and it wont end up in the public domain.  He could have achieved the same by talking to heads of departments and allow those people to sort the situation. So he’s either an idiot or he chose to send it knowing it would be leaked. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Wyness claimed that Newcastle are close to breaking financial rules but are not expected to be deducted points or demoted.

“Newcastle should have done better commercially in the last year, especially since they were in the Champions League.

“They could have been more aggressive with sponsorship and other revenue streams.

I hope we’re playing possum. If we were really close breaking the rules I think we would have announced training ground and kit sponsors to put us in the green this year.  

My hope is that there is advantage to announcing these and getting the first payments in the next 3 year rolling period. I’m thinking that if signed something now and got a big payment it would put us in the green ffp wise by a big margin which wins you nothing.  On a three year rolling period this would also drop out sooner.  I’m thinking if you sign a 2 year 11 month deal right at the start of the ffp financial year it could be a win. 

I’m not an accountant  so could be off. But I just can’t think of any other reason why we’ve not maximised all income streams yet. If we sign some straight after I think that will show this is thinking true. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The staff must hate him already 

IMG_0256.thumb.jpeg.ae4a30b16ac806f170c9a92e90e796e5.jpeg

Is it really that shocking that a football club is less orderly than a chemicals company? Every time I see anything from this guy there’s hints that he’s a bit thick.

Edited by Kimbo

24 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Is it really that shocking that a football club is less orderly than a chemicals company? Every time I see anything anything from this guy there’s hints that he’s a bit thick.

I found that an odd statement mind, of course a chemicals company should be absolutely shit hot with housekeeping.

An IT department? I expect a little bit (a lot) more mess tbh. 

Overall though, absolutely nothing wrong with getting your house in order. Just maybe let the head of departments know to filter down.

32 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I hope we’re playing possum. If we were really close breaking the rules I think we would have announced training ground and kit sponsors to put us in the green this year.  

My hope is that there is advantage to announcing these and getting the first payments in the next 3 year rolling period. I’m thinking that if signed something now and got a big payment it would put us in the green ffp wise by a big margin which wins you nothing.  On a three year rolling period this would also drop out sooner.  I’m thinking if you sign a 2 year 11 month deal right at the start of the ffp financial year it could be a win. 

I’m not an accountant  so could be off. But I just can’t think of any other reason why we’ve not maximised all income streams yet. If we sign some straight after I think that will show this is thinking true. 

Way our ownership has talked about FFP and spending be very surprised if we breach it like.

40 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Not sure where the advantage would be there - the club has just been commercially inert.  There’s no reason at all that they couldn’t have got a training kit sponsor etc for this season - it wouldn’t be disadvantageous for next season to have got one. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not sure where the advantage would be there - the club has just been commercially inert.  There’s no reason at all that they couldn’t have got a training kit sponsor etc for this season - it wouldn’t be disadvantageous for next season to have got one. 

the club being inert could be true as well.  I’m just hoping there is a reason for it.  My thinking is the advantage could depend on how the deal is paid.  If it was all upfront then getting that on first of ffp would leave it in the ffp tolling 3 year period for an extra year. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

9 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

the club being inert could be true as well.  I’m just hoping there is a reason for it.  My thinking is the advantage could depend on how the deal is paid.  If it was all upfront then getting that on first of ffp would leave it in the ffp tolling 3 year period for an extra year. 

Sponsorship deals are amortised, even if the payment is all upfront 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

There have been little noises around. Take it for what it's worth, but there was a snippet in the Athletic recently saying one reason we were keen to loan Kuol out again this season was to save on his wages, which superficially is a stunning statement.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Is it really that shocking that a football club is less orderly than a chemicals company? Every time I see anything from this guy there’s hints that he’s a bit thick.

Scarily, the implication was he thought a chemicals company would be messier and splashier than a football club, like he's Mr Burns or something.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

time will tell but I do feel like Man Utd fans are feeling about Ratcliffe like we did when Ashley took us over.  We were desperate for change.  Money was being leeched from our club. Ashley came in and made the right noises.  Anything he did was praised.  Then reality sunk in and we realised what we really had.  There are so many red flags with Radcliffe that are just being ignored and even being celebrated (especially by amphibians).  Man Utd have all of the advantages and anything less than consistent year on year title and Europe contention should be seen as failure. Let’s see what the situation is in a couple years.  

Some are, but most of us are wary.

The people he's bringing in is what's causing excitement, and in turn we're thankful to Ratcliffe as they're moves the Glazers would have never made. 

Also see nothing wrong with giving staff a kick up the arse. There's been so many stories from ex players about just how bad the place is. Ratcliffe wanting to raise standards is fine. 

He's still a businessman at the end of the day. His claim about being a huge Man United fan lost all weight when he happily jumped into bed with the Glazers, but maybe he just couldn't afford the club outright and this was the only to get in. 

We'll reserve judgement for now, but so far, so good. 

Edited by Froggy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stifler said:

Incorrect Stifler. 

1) Class B shares are actually more valuable. Class B shares have 10 votes compared to 1 for Class A. It's why the Glazers controlled 97% of the club while only owning 69%. Almost all of the Glazers shares are class B. 

2) He bought 25% of all A and 25% of all B shares.

He has full control of footballing operations. Glazers will only vote based on commercial decisions. 

In terms of the club overall, no he isn't anywhere near a majority, but he has a ton of voting power now. For example, he has more class B shares than either Avram or Joel Glazer, or any single Glazer for that matter. Darcie Glazer was actually the Glazer with the most voting power and opposition fans have never heard of her. 

Worth noting, its the other Glazers including Darcie who were open to the full sale. Avram and Joel are the ones who wanted to keep going. He doesn't need their shares to gain full control of the club though. 

Hope this helped. 

Edited by Froggy

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Oh behave part of being a fan is laughing at other clubs it’s the exact reason we have a Sunderland thread. We are in direct conflict with Man Utd over Ashworth so they’ll get mentioned a lot until that resolved and old Jim is giving us plenty to laugh at.

Oh Behave !!!

We have a Sunderland Thread - correct.

This is not a Crapchester Thread !!!

That is all and this is a NEWCASTLE United Forum.

5 hours ago, manorpark said:

Oh Behave !!!

We have a Sunderland Thread - correct.

This is not a Crapchester Thread !!!

That is all and this is a NEWCASTLE United Forum.

Grow up man :lol:  Crapchester ffs you aren’t 6. 

9 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Caught word from an ITK Dan has started a new lego set - he hopes to finish it by next weekend

fabrizio Romano has just posted this:

dan ashworth new Lego, here we go! 

IMG_3846.jpeg

18 hours ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Could it be they are banking on some kind of European football next year before they announce any deal, then then £100m club offical camel partnership deal will look better when the Cartel clubs get to view and decide on the value of the deal or what ever it is that they are allowed to do?.