Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Dunno like, their club culture is rotten to the core. Their ground and facilities are falling apart and decades behind some teams. There’s obviously been major disillusionment which has set in due to the Glazers. Is Dan the best person to resolve all these things? Really not easy to say as the amount of investment required is huge but it’s almost impossible to put a price on changing a club’s culture, especially when the Glazers are still there in the mix 

Doesn’t fall under Ashworth’s remit but Commercial side of their operation is also a mess, got a very bloated structure compared to likes of City and Arsenal and big job cuts are looming.

Also got everything sponsored that can be sponsored, so hard to generate new revenue. Compounded by underachieving on pitch compared to the dominant era.

And overpaid players, they overpaid for, are old or underperforming so hard to generate money through squad sales. 

That’s info directly from one of the senior bods in the commercial team. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hasn’t Ineos done well with their Ligue club?

Success looks very different at Nice compared to what is deemed successful at Man Utd. I’d argue it’s easier to achieve and maintain that relative success in Ligue 1 too. 

27 minutes ago, Menace said:

They're doing fine but that league is very unpredictable. Annoyingly they have some very good players that Man U can now poach such as Kephren Thuram/Todibo

The word is that Todibo is one of our top targets anyway. This was before INEOS. Apparently has a very reasonable release clause.

Probably just chase De Jong all summer again.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The word is that Todibo is one of our top targets anyway. This was before INEOS. Apparently has a very reasonable release clause.

You’ll need it given the bag you will be dropping on Ashworth. :lol:

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You’ll need it given the bag you will be dropping on Ashworth. :lol:

It'll be repaid in full when you come for McSauce.

Edited by Froggy

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The very best up and coming talent these days are unlikely to be looking at Man Utd as the place they want to be. It'll take a few seasons of rebuilding, selling off the turds and competing for titles again

Going there now would be like joining Oasis in 2006

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, Ben said:

The Glazers really are the ultimate grifters, 

1. Buy the biggest club in the world with the clubs own money.

2. Take money out of the club to pay huge interest payments but don't actually pay off debt.

3. Hire numpty after numpty to turn them into a mid table team.

4. Take out dividends for their entire tenue as payment for their financial mess.

5. Vote to take Man U into the super league for yet more cash, fan outrage.

6. Sell the running of the football club for £1.3 billion to a bloke that will take all the flak, meanwhile keeping a controlling percentage.

7. Same bloke will put in his OWN cash to fund the running of the club.

8. Glazers put in zero capital for this rebuild.

9. Same debt.

10. Continue to take dividends.

11. Success means mote cash for them by doing absolutely nothing.

12. Failure means Radcliffe loses, Glazers unaffected. 

Still not as bad as Ashley. 

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The very best up and coming talent these days are unlikely to be looking at Man Utd as the place they want to be.

I would say most up and coming players would still be very happy to play for Manchester United. :lol: If we can sign Hojlund, I'm sure we'd have no issues signing Todibo.

It's the Theatre of Dreams, bobbydazzla. Where we make the impossible come to life.

5 hours ago, oldtype said:

To be fair, Howe is a little self-interested here. By necessity, this will result in him having more influence on transfer dealings.

As it should be. He has the expertise. Any manager who backs himself would want control of such decisions. 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I would say most up and coming players would still be very happy to play for Manchester United. :lol: If we can sign Hojlund, I'm sure we'd have no issues signing Todibo.

It's the Theatre of Dreams, bobbydazzla. Where we make the impossible come to life.

Aye right. Your club's a mess off the pitch and performing well below expectations on the pitch. 3 trophies in 10 years isn't it ? No league titles in 10 years ?

The only impossible you lot are making come to life right now is spending billions of millions of quid but going backwards.

Maybe one day you'll get back to former glories, but currently you're like a washed up rock band living on past glories, releasing below average albums that no-one thinks are any good.

Edited by bobbydazzla

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Given the amount you have spent to build a squad,  the huge world profile of the club, and the continued eminence of your near neighbours, I imagine it feels more like the place where the once probable seems frustratingly out of reach. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Can see this one getting some decent mileage over the coming years. Might use it myself if you end up falling to pieces 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can see this one getting some decent mileage over the coming years. Might use it myself if you end up falling to pieces 

It seems a lot of people had TheKnowledge on ignore instantly. :lol:

46 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The very best up and coming talent these days are unlikely to be looking at Man Utd as the place they want to be. It'll take a few seasons of rebuilding, selling off the turds and competing for titles again

Going there now would be like joining Oasis in 2006

Not true.