Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

I can't see Sir Jimmy R paying anything over £5 million, don't think he wants to pay anyone the going rate.  No matter who they are.

It's likelier that in our PSR panic we relented / compromised on it.

I’m sure it was said ages ago that anything like this doesn’t go towards PSR? 

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I can't see Sir Jimmy R paying anything over £5 million, don't think he wants to pay anyone the going rate.  No matter who they are.

It's likelier that in our PSR panic we relented / compromised on it.

More likely Man U needed to wait for the new financial year. I would bet my house on the fee being comfortably over £5 million. No chance we would hold on this long for such a small amount 

Whatever the amount was we went from steadfastly 'pay the lot or he can wait until Jan 26' to 'he can start tomorrow' overnight. If we desperate for another £2m then I'm sure we could have squeezed it out of Forest or Brighton the previous day. The fact it's going to be confidential suggests both sides gave in a little and met roughly halfway 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

More likely Man U needed to wait for the new financial year. I would bet my house on the fee being comfortably over £5 million. No chance we would hold on this long for such a small amount 

I would genuinely like to believe that.

But, let's be honest in the last 72 hours we have witnessed a panic fire sale. Akin to shoving people out of the door, to find some money.

And on their side, they are unwilling to match anyone else's evaluation ie Ashworth and Branthwaite.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

But, let's be honest in the last 72 hours we have witnessed a panic fire sale. Akin to shoving people out of the door, to find some money.

And on their side, they are unwilling to match anyone else's evaluation ie Ashworth and Branthwaite.

It's the first day of the financial year, the other deals were  included within the deadline of the previous financial year. Also PIF would not allow for a reduced figure of the amount you quote. As I said I would bet my house on it.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

That depends entirely on what the figure is/was that we needed to bring in to meet PSR requirements.

The first number mentioned was 25m, then Swiss Ramble mentioned 40m

We’ve now brought in what could surpass 80m and that’s not counting whatever Almiron might leave for, or Wilson..

So now to the transfers.. Minteh was always planned to be sold, and Anderson, judging by the amount he played when available, it’s possible Howe just didn’t want him enough to take that squad place.

It looks like we’ll have incomings in midfield so possibly a revamped look to how we’ll be lining up. If anything I would say these moves are measured and all part of the plan.

The timing was the only thing that wasn’t ideal.. they’d have wanted that business done sooner but we can’t control when other clubs hit the ok button on a deal, hence having a plan b which is maybe where the Gordon story is coming from.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

It's the first day of the financial year, the other deals were  included within the deadline of the previous financial year. Also PIF would not allow for a reduced figure of the amount you quote. As I said I would bet my house on it.

We don't know what financial year the settlement figure is included in.

It was just the announcement today.  And less not forget it was leaked yesterday and they have obviously been working on it the last couple of days.

To me the evidence looks like we have relented on the demands, considering the timings and what the club has done over the last weekend.

Edited by dcmk

It‘ll be informally leaked by end of tomorrow regardless. Either Man Utd side because they want to be smug at fee, or our side as a final two fingers up to Man Utd.

No way it stays a secret giving the disdain to each other.

14 minutes ago, dcmk said:

It was just the announcement today.  And less not forget it was leaked yesterday and they have obviously been working on it the last couple of days.

To me the evidence looks like we have relented on the demands, considering the timings and what the club has done over the last weekend.

Occam's razor for me. Most likely events, pure speculation obviously:

We ask for 20m knowing there's a bit of a financial PSR black hole and hope Man U cave

Man U also in a bit of a PSR hole

We dig our heels in and it's a stalemate. Man U dig their heels in and whinge publically 

We raise the money we need on Sunday 

Happy new PSR year 

Man U can start to negotiate

We can start to negotiate as we're not desperate for the money 

Both sides compromise and agree on something about 10-12

Both sides agree to keep schtum as neither side want to lose face

1 minute ago, midds said:

Occam's razor for me. Most likely events, pure speculation obviously:

We ask for 20m knowing there's a bit of a financial PSR black hole and hope Man U cave

Man U also in a bit of a PSR hole

We dig our heels in and it's a stalemate. Man U dig their heels in and whinge publically 

We raise the money we need on Sunday 

Happy new PSR year 

Man U can start to negotiate

We can start to negotiate as we're not desperate for the money 

Both sides compromise and agree on something about 10-12

Both sides agree to keep schtum as neither side don't want to lose face

I honestly hope that's how it panned out... But I respectfully disagree.

To me it's far more likely that it was done at the weekend, with us compromising to  help us hit our PSR deadline (if it's factored in?) and we did the joint announcement together this morning.

The timing of it, coming fresh off the craziness of the weekend (where it seemed like everyone was being offered around) does tie into that scenario.

But hope the figure is leaked and they have paid up £10 million plus.  Really hope that.. especially after the way they have acted and lashed out publicly.

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I honestly hope that's how it panned out... But I respectfully disagree.

To me it's far more likely that it was done at the weekend, with us compromising to  help us hit our PSR deadline (if it's factored in?) and we did the joint announcement together this morning.

The timing of it, coming fresh off the craziness of the weekend (where it seemed like everyone was being offered around) does tie into that scenario.

But hope the figure is leaked and they have paid up £10 million plus.  Really hope that.. especially after the way they have acted and lashed out publicly.

It's definitely possible like :thup:

I just hat if we've caved it's for a really low sum, and if we only needed a really low sum then we could have got a little extra from Forest and/or Brighton. We may never find the actual facts out tbh

36 minutes ago, dcmk said:

The other deals were announced yesterday not today to make sure of compliance. Ashworth was announced today. I've not seen one report of five million anywhere apart from the usual Man U plebs. Man U knew full well if they (Ashworth) went to court they would lose. Anyway if you believe that we only got £5 million that's up to you 

32 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The other deals were announced yesterday not today to make sure of compliance. Ashworth was announced today. 

Yeah it would have been insane to have our PSR compliance dependent on a deal with a club who could directly benefit from a points deduction. If we had to, we’d have shifted another player.

Football is so broken when a disloyal little sh*tbag is getting so many headlines and column inches. Football & Sport is about competing and trying to win, and now it's all about accountants and Dan Ashworth types, full of their own self importance. Dreadful stuff.

4 hours ago, et tu brute said:

The other deals were announced yesterday not today to make sure of compliance. Ashworth was announced today. I've not seen one report of five million anywhere apart from the usual Man U plebs. Man U knew full well if they (Ashworth) went to court they would lose. Anyway if you believe that we only got £5 million that's up to you 

The deal was locked on Friday, before our sales of Minteh and Anderson, so it counted against last year PSR. Somehow, from the money we wanted, 20m, it seems that we were the ones that made concessions on the amount, being now reported that its significantly below 10m. And this cunt started working this morning for them. 

Edited by vidooq

I don’t think any agreement that was rushed through before 23:59 on 30 June suggests that we came out on top tbh.  Seems far more likely that it was used to prop up PSR requirements and we backed down.

I don’t care if we did, frankly.  I’d rather the club pulled its finger out and appointed his replacement.  This has gone on long enough. 

40 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The most important question is how is his garden looking?

It's full of fucking weeds. This guy hasn't been doing much gardening by my opinion. That leads to the question of what exactly was he doing?

1 hour ago, vidooq said:

The deal was locked on Friday, before our sales of Minteh and Anderson, so it counted against last year PSR. Somehow, from the money we wanted, 20m, it seems that we were the ones that made concessions on the amount, being now reported that its significantly below 10m. And this cunt started working this morning for them. 

The deal was probably locked in a week or more ago, but was announced today. The two transfers were announced yesterday. I put money on now that the money is counted in this season's accounts