Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given Man United low ball offers previously I can’t see it being very much at all. Why would they move a lot knowing we had FFP issues. 

Because we only had issues until the end of June 30th. Once that passed, we've less need to come down off our supposed 20m asking price.

I'd imagine there was a meeting somewhere in the middle, I'm sure they really didn't want to wait another year to have a key member of their rebuild in place.

Honestly, who gives a shit at this point. They won’t disclose it and it will just be a point scoring bullshit that’s a massive waste of time. Let them think they got one over on us.. let us think we had them over a barrel.

Most important thing is that rat isn’t associated with us anymore. Time to move on.

12 minutes ago, Shak said:

Because we only had issues until the end of June 30th. Once that passed, we've less need to come down off our supposed 20m asking price.

I'd imagine there was a meeting somewhere in the middle, I'm sure they really didn't want to wait another year to have a key member of their rebuild in place.

Various reports indicating the deal was agreed on Friday aka when we had our FFP issues. The only way they paid us a decent amount was if it was after the cut off. 

lesson learnt hopefully. 

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

He hasn't signed up for this then? Fairly clear he's a class player, even if Man Utd are interested in him.

https://www.change.org/p/keep-de-ligt-wir-wollen-de-ligt

Aye I've a few mates in Munich and they sent me this. :lol: Got me a bit worried, but financially them bringing in Tah and selling De Ligt makes a lot of sense so hopefully the deal goes ahead.

They were unanimous in that they'd rather Upamecano left than De Ligt, but Upamecano is on €120k less a week and on a shorter contract so is less of a financial burden.

"At 1,112 as of June 30 last year, United had by far the biggest staff of any club in the Premier League. That number is considerably higher than all of their Big Six rivals, with Liverpool having around 1,005 employees, Chelsea 788, Tottenham 719, Arsenal 649 and Manchester City 520, according to each club’s latest figures."

Wew.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

"At 1,112 as of June 30 last year, United had by far the biggest staff of any club in the Premier League. That number is considerably higher than all of their Big Six rivals, with Liverpool having around 1,005 employees, Chelsea 788, Tottenham 719, Arsenal 649 and Manchester City 520, according to each club’s latest figures."

Wew.

I put it to you that vastly overpaying on players who have generally flopped for the last ten years has cost you far more money than Yusuf, Gregg and Imogen who work in accounts/catering/maintenance. 

Cutting local jobs, great way to endear yourself Jimmy.

Just now, gdm said:

Straight out of the Mike Ashley play book. In a years time they’ll do another review and more staff will go. 

Didn't Ratcliffe invest more in us in his first month than Ashley did in 14 years at Newcastle? I know everyone is trying to compare the two with the desperate hope we'll get worse, but they aren't comparable.

If we have nearly double the staff of our rivals, surely that's something that needs looked at? Or does nobody want to admit that's what good business owners do?

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

I put it to you that vastly overpaying on players who have generally flopped for the last ten years has cost you far more money than Yusuf, Gregg and Imogen who work in accounts/catering/maintenance. 

It absolutely has. Something else that needs addressed and seems like it already has been based on how the Branthwaite deal went.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Didn't Ratcliffe invest more in us in his first month than Ashley did in 14 years at Newcastle? I know everyone is trying to compare the two with the desperate hope we'll get worse, but they aren't comparable.

If we have nearly double the staff of our rivals, surely that's something that needs looked at? Or does nobody want to admit that's what good business owners do?

That’s fine if that was the only example. There has been plenty examples so far of lowball offers, move on to next target, lowball again, try to get a player on the cheap from nice coz he part owns them, stops staff working from home, repeatedly goes on tv and embarrasses himself with lies and outrageous comments about the ‘big 6’ and begging his government pals for tax payers money to build a new stadium and surrounding areas. 

If all this was done by the Glazers and not the shiney new Ineos you’d be getting the green & yellow scarf back out and you know it 

Edited by gdm