Fantasy Premier League (2024/25)

JP

6 hours ago, KDT said:

The code for the £10 league that a few of us are in is t8vmdu if anyone else is interested, I'll add you to the WhatsApp group as well. I think everyone who initially said they fancied it are already in but the more the merrier. 

I'll be in 

Feel like I've not really been paying much attention to other club's pre-seasons, any glaring issues here? Anyone who's about to fuck off to MLS? Anyone who's been in the tabloid for shagging the gaffer's daughter?

image.thumb.png.cc0184bf99c924ae9f7e4584b9f79930.png

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Feel like I've not really been paying much attention to other club's pre-seasons, any glaring issues here? Anyone who's about to fuck off to MLS? Anyone who's been in the tabloid for shagging the gaffer's daughter?

image.thumb.png.cc0184bf99c924ae9f7e4584b9f79930.png

All fine apart from Foden who's not played any minutes in pre season (AFAIK)

On 12/08/2024 at 13:42, Minhosa said:

@brummieHow likely is it Morgan Rogers starts the season in the first 11?

Sorry for the late reply.

Very likely. He was superb last season, and Emery clearly loves him.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is this harder this year ? once you put Haaland in your picking up scraps, I've got 3 £4million players in my squad 

Thats why I've avoided the likes of Haaland or a Salah this season. They're just too expensive, and its actually allowed me a pretty strong squad across the board. Even my bench has options this season (unlike last), as you say otherwise, you end up with £4m fillers because of the big fee on EH.

I did an Auto pick first, which actually gave me a pretty good initial squad, but I swapped a few out earlier this week, and may yet have a final tinker before tomorrows GW1 deadline.

Edited by TK-421

I'm just not putting Haaland in, the way I see it 2 players worth £15m should contribute similar numbers to him and the rest of the team will be way better. 

It's gonna hurt when he starts banging in hatricks but I can't justify spending all that on one player. 

I thought the same but I've done a Haaland draft and it's still pretty good. Still got Gvardiol, still got Saka, Eze, Gordon...Still got Isak and Solanke too...

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I'm just not putting Haaland in, the way I see it 2 players worth £15m should contribute similar numbers to him and the rest of the team will be way better. 

It's gonna hurt when he starts banging in hatricks but I can't justify spending all that on one player. 

Agree with this, but I also don't want to root for him.

My plan is to just load up on Newcastle and Arsenal players as they tend to be the most destructive.

Reckon I've had every variation possible now like. Oooh if I can just squeeze him in, perfect done, ah nah he's not good enough, better make it better overall, perfect done. Ooooh if I can just squeeze him in, perfect done.

3 hours ago, Beren said:

Agree with this, but I also don't want to root for him.

My plan is to just load up on Newcastle and Arsenal players as they tend to be the most destructive.

I totally agree with the first bit. I've gone predominantly Newcastle, Arsenal and Brighton because they're all teams I like and want to do well. My season was ruined last year by wanting Bruno Fernandes, Cole Palmer, Son and Mo Salah to do well despite hating their clubs. 

19 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

To Palmer or not to Palmer is my main debate. His price hike is huge and I can see him losing value especially as Chelsea are such an unknown quantity (again) at the start of the season and he's still young. 

May as well chuck him in for a few weeks, if he bombs at least you'll have £10.5 million to play with 

36 minutes ago, Ben said:

May as well chuck him in for a few weeks, if he bombs at least you'll have £10.5 million to play with 

You evil bastard :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus