Nick Pope

Rich

I actually thought he looked good first half.  Was much more aggressive with coming off his line and the old sweeper keeper was back.  Made what seemed like a top save at the time off the deflected shot.  No issues with him choosing to punch, most seemed the right call.  Apart from that one he punched over for no reason.  Then caught the corner straight after when under loads of pressure :lol: 

Palmer's goal is terrible all round.  Isak losing it cheaply fucking about on the ball.  Schar backing off more than Danny Simpson and the others just not even attempting to engage him.  I vaguely remember comments from Burn where he alluded to shots from range and he has to shut off the near post and make the opposition beat Pope by hitting it across him.  Schar does nothing at all to help  He doesn't close the angle, doesn't block the near post and just lets him run 30 yards and have a free hit.  Worst I've seen Schar play in a long time.

I am playing devil's advocate, mind.  As Pope's positioning was equally shit and he still should have saved it. 

Thought his sweeping was absolutely top notch and he claimed crosses well, one unnecessary punch aside. He's made some very big saves in most games this season too. Agree with everything @Lush Vlad says about yesterday's goal. Schär is on the wane by the looks of it, not helped by having zero competition (see Isak, A.)

I won't go as far as saying "he's the least of our worries" because he's not perfect and an upgrade in that position would make a big difference. But I'm comfortable with him in nets, like. That goal wasn't the norm.

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Thought his sweeping was absolutely top notch and he claimed crosses well, one unnecessary punch aside. He's made some very big saves in most games this season too. Agree with everything @Lush Vlad says about yesterday's goal. Schär is on the wane by the looks of it, not helped by having zero competition (see Isak, A.)

I won't go as far as saying "he's the least of our worries" because he's not perfect and an upgrade in that position would make a big difference. But I'm comfortable with him in nets, like. That goal wasn't the norm.

Hard to criticise the defence to much when they have our non existent midfield in front of them.