Nick Pope

Rich

On 26/09/2023 at 09:43, Coffee_Johnny said:

Had similar thoughts. I think Ramsdale might be our next goalkeeper. Fits the profile—personality, skill set wise, and top quality but still only 25 with room for improvement. 

I can't tell if this is satire or not.

But I'd rather Pope any day.

On 29/09/2023 at 00:36, Coffee_Johnny said:

What about in four years time? 

Still can't tell if you're joking, if it's 4 years time then maybe yeah, not sure what kind of point you're making, shifted the goalposts 4 years, could do that with any player over 30.

Nike Pope is brill.

11 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Still can't tell if you're joking, if it's 4 years time then maybe yeah, not sure what kind of point you're making, shifted the goalposts 4 years, could do that with any player over 30.

Nike Pope is brill.

Fuck off, man. Fucking buzz kill.

47 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

It is deliberate.

Honestly I was about to laugh at this but.. Four times in a row? And the fifth it was spot on as the whistle is about to blow?

I'm sold. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Fuck off, man. Fucking buzz kill.

I just reponded to your comment mate, not logged in since this evening.

You were the one bumming Ramsdale.

I'm buzzing.

Edited by Mountain

15 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I just reponded to your comment mate, not logged in since this evening.

You were the one bumming Ramsdale.

I'm buzzing.

Glad, you’re buzzing. Pity about your thinking skills. I said I thought he might be our next keeper. I didn’t specify the timeframe. 

21 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Glad, you’re buzzing. Pity about your thinking skills. I said I thought he might be our next keeper. I didn’t specify the timeframe. 

I respect your opinon.

Why are you bothered about Ramsdale when Pope is awesome and is only 31 years old?

Deffo a discussion to be had when he's like 35 and losing his edge or something, bare in mind keepers can play to a much later age than outfielders, Buffon only retired this year at the age of 45.

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

I respect your opinon.

Why are you bothered about Ramsdale when Pope is awesome and is only 31 years old?

Deffo a discussion to be had when he's like 35 and losing his edge or something, bare in mind keepers can play to a much later age than outfielders, Buffon only retired this year at the age of 45.

There’s something about Ramsdale, age, attitude and competencies, which makes me think Howe would like him for us. He’s five years younger than Pope, which made me think that although we’re fine for keepers at the moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was our next one. 

33 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There’s something about Ramsdale, age, attitude and competencies, which makes me think Howe would like him for us. He’s five years younger than Pope, which made me think that although we’re fine for keepers at the moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was our next one. 

Fair enough, I respect your viewpoint.

Just my thoughts on Pope kicking it into the East Stand late on at 3-1. It takes far longer to get the ball and for the opponent to take the throw than it does for Pope to hoof the ball downfield for the oppo to start a new attack. I reckon it perhaps wasted up to a minute and put PSG into worse onfield position; wide and we could mark up for the throw ins. 

Intentional or not, I quite liked it.

I think the plan is to kick wide towards Burn. Lose the first ball and we are in the prime location for our press. The ball goes out of play, it takes time out of the game.

I think it is just a really clever plan which just looks like rubbish kicking because it is so unusual.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

He's so erratic when coming off his line, feels like that type of goal has been coming for a while

Hes a heart in mouth keeper whenever he leaves the box. Long term we need to find an Allison or and Ederson type. Pope has looked shaky on numerous occasions this season with his positioning and his handling (punching rather than catching) and the less said about his kicking the better