Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Loyalty in this context is the wrong term anyway. They're not more loyal fans, but it's undeniable that some are more committed to attending matches and supporting (ie not just watching). That's all. Some conflate doing that with being a better, more loyal fan, which is wrong, but I do think those people should be rewarded for their commitment by getting first refusal on tickets based on a points system.

Even more committed is a bit wrong, I'm completely committed to attending games, I just don't have the access to the tickets. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Even more committed is a bit wrong, I'm completely committed to attending games, I just don't have the access to the tickets. 

You're demonstrably not compared to some others though. We have fans who literally haven't missed matches home or away for years. They're obviously much more committed to attending matches than you or me.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's mental that they had that system available and they didn't go with it from the start :lol:

Still, fun 24 hours. 

Yeah, strange/worrying they didn’t go with this if it was actually available. 

Still, to actually amend it within 24hrs is definitely a positive.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You're demonstrably not compared to some others though. We have fans who literally haven't missed matches home or away for years. They're obviously much more committed than you or me.

I thought the point was you couldn't judge it just by attendance, but rather by ability, access, etc etc. 

Anyway, it's not a productive discussion, soz. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Seeing the topic of the away fans nabbing home tickets coming up over the last few pages, haven't there been measures in place since that infamous Liverpool game where someone has to have a purchase history to be eligible for matches where they anticipate it happening?

So if that's kept in place, their fans would need to not just buy a membership, but do so early enough to enter ballots for other matches, win and pay for one, just to then have a chance in the ballot for the match they actually want however many weeks or months later?

Seems fair enough if they keep that in place for particular matches as I can't imagine the number of people doing so is particularly consequential most weeks where there isn't any particular high stake involved.

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Seeing the topic of the away fans nabbing home tickets coming up over the last few pages, haven't there been measures in place since that infamous Liverpool game where someone has to have a purchase history to be eligible for matches where they anticipate it happening?

So id that's kept in place, their fans would need to not just buy a membership, but do so early enough to enter ballots for other matches, win and pay for one, just to then have a chance in the ballot for the match they actually want however many weeks or months later?

Seems fair enough if they keep that in place for particular matches as I can't imagine the number of people doing so is particularly consequential most weeks where there isn't any particular high stake involved.

Yeah, tbf we (and the club) all know the matches where it has the potential to be a real problem, so fairly easy to put that rule in place for those games.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Very encouraged by the immediate response but still don't think it's acceptable to not be able to choose ac seat or an area for all the reasons discussed. 

Yeah, hopefully the next step.

Should really have had all this sorted in advance, or at least not launched before it was, but like you say, encouraging response to obvious mistake.

Away ticket situation needs to be addressed too…. Setting aside a number of tickets for ballot will no doubt see the “loyalty” cut off point increasing from 60 points to 80 for most matches before they sell out…. Doesn’t sit right with me….

Really impressed at the quick response/action, but ultimately it has just ended up with the ballot being the bare minimum of what it should have been in the first place.

Better than it was yesterday, but still far from ideal.

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought the point was you couldn't judge it just by attendance, but rather by ability, access, etc etc. 

Anyway, it's not a productive discussion, soz. 

It's a shame that some people miss out, but in a situation where someone is going to miss out, should it be you or the person who hasn't missed an away game in 20 years?

Just now, Rich said:

Really impressed at the quick response/action, but ultimately it has just ended up with the ballot being the bare minimum of what it should have been in the first place.

Better than it was yesterday, but still far from ideal

Yeah. Yesterday I felt a sickly feeling towards to the club that I haven't felt in nearly two years; part of that was because of an assumption that any reversal of their decision would require an angry, tedious battle, like the bad old days. But them coming out with something immediately at least provides some assurance that fans are heard.