Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They've taken a mile and given back an inch. Our owners, man. :smitten:

System is still shite, bare minimum it should've been when it came out. Not being able to pick multiple categories is also shite.

I found this bit encouraging, maybe they just haven't got a system in place just yet to role it out for Villa?

This functionality will be operational when ballot registration opens from 10am. Please note that supporters are unable to select multiple price categories at this time.

Hopefully that reads as "you can't do it yet but we hope to have it available soon". 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I’m quite happy no one wants to sit level 7.

Because I honestly don’t want to sit anywhere else other than there. 

Leazes or Milburn ? Wouldn't swap my Milburn L7. Didn't like Leazes L7 but if it's there or nowt then I'd take it.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I can't believe people will continue to tolerate being thrown into one big category and then allow the club to decide where you sit within it. What an absolutely shite system.

Hopefully they won't continue to tolerate it and the pressure on the club to sort out this shitstain of a system will continue.

If the Trust etc now keep schtum and those in charge think we're satisfied with the little bit of movement we got today, then it's a sorry state of affairs.

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I’m quite happy no one wants to sit level 7.

Because I honestly don’t want to sit anywhere else other than there. 

Seems like you can’t sit there unless you’re with a child. At least on those seating plans from previous pages, it’s separate from any other category. 

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Hopefully they won't and the pressure on the club to sort out this shitstain of a system will continue.

If the Trust etc now keep schtum and those in charge think we're satisfied with the little bit of movement we got today, then it's a sorry state of affairs.

That's the concern. The club wreck the system but then give a little bit back to shut people up. Knowing our fanbase it will probably work too.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems like you can’t sit there unless you’re with a child. At least on those seating plans from previous pages, it’s separate from any other category. 

Be interesting what happens in the family section when the 10yr deals run out as most of the kids that got them are now adults.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I found this bit encouraging, maybe they just haven't got a system in place just yet to role it out for Villa?

This functionality will be operational when ballot registration opens from 10am. Please note that supporters are unable to select multiple price categories at this time.

Hopefully that reads as "you can't do it yet but we hope to have it available soon". 

Hopefully. But if the system is not fit for purpose yet it shouldn't be used yet.

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Even the derby went to something like ten points in 2008. People know exactly what has changed since- and it gets tiring. It’s called a loyalty system 

I can’t remember what the loyalty system was like back then, but I used to go loads without even having a Season Ticket. Remember buying my own for Anfield when Barton was sent off in the relegation season. Saw us lose every Boxing Day at either Bolton or Wigan. Didn’t have a season ticket for the loyalty point to go on. 

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

So your son started accumulating them aged 7. How would a 7 year old today start accumulating them? You’ve conveniently ignored the other points too, such as people accumulating points by getting the ticket and selling it on, just like those outraged on Twitter are doing.

edited to add; I’m not trying to be an arse here, but you’re complaining about your specific circumstance and a potential disadvantage, while not considering all of the issues involved. The club need to do this. 

Far from ignoring your point, I made reference to the fact in an earlier post that the club needs to review the system… this new one continues to reward those who have the maximum points and who have ‘potentially’ bought and passed tickets on previously.. whilst it also provides some reward for folk who previously didn’t go for various reasons ie age, circumstance or simply couldn’t be arsed cos we were shit etc. but it does need thought and could get buy in from key stakeholders like NUST and NUSC…

unfortunately they’ve just implemented another system in a similar way to the membership scheme without much thought, meaning 2-300 tickets are no longer available for regular attendees..

and just to clarify my son started to accumulate points 7 years ago by going to friendlies, cup games, night games etc… he learned from an early age that if he wanted to attend when things got better he’d need to put the hard work in first… after all we all knew the ‘loyalty’ rules which were never an issue until people started pissing their pants recently…

1 minute ago, llcoolc157 said:

Far from ignoring your point, I made reference to the fact in an earlier post that the club needs to review the system… this new one continues to reward those who have the maximum points and who have ‘potentially’ bought and passed tickets on previously.. whilst it also provides some reward for folk who previously didn’t go for various reasons ie age, circumstance or simply couldn’t be arsed cos we were shit etc. but it does need thought and could get buy in from key stakeholders like NUST and NUSC…

unfortunately they’ve just implemented another system in a similar way to the membership scheme without much thought, meaning 2-300 tickets are no longer available for regular attendees..

and just to clarify my son started to accumulate points 7 years ago by going to friendlies, cup games, night games etc… he learned from an early age that if he wanted to attend when things got better he’d need to put the hard work in first… after all we all knew the ‘loyalty’ rules which were never an issue until people started pissing their pants recently…

alright mate we get it ya go to a lot of games. 

3 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

This is actually a canny post apart from the "couldn't be arsed" and "pissing their pants" bits, to be fair. :thup:

Anyone who played the game as it was and now gets shafted because of the changes to home or away ticketing will rightfully feel pissed off.

The whole thing just needed a lot more thought before the implementations came.

Just now, Pata said:

If this is your attitude towards fans who didn't go during the later Ashley years, can I in exchange call you an Ashley-enabler?

yeah feel free to call me whatever you want mate, no problem…

But I’ll rephrase it as I fully understand why folk stopped going under Ashley…

Age, circumstance, boycotting due to Ashley or simply couldn’t be arsed because we were shit (and just for reference I know loads who did)

Sorry I haven’t kept up today how exactly do you enter the ballot? I’m just getting this? In the home tickets part I’m just getting option of sela cup games image.thumb.png.f54548fb3ba56ff9a5901e086b521e2a.png

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Sorry I haven’t kept up today how exactly do you enter the ballot? I’m just getting this?image.thumb.png.f54548fb3ba56ff9a5901e086b521e2a.png

I clicked the link in my email and it took me straight to the ballot page where I could click on “Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa”

has someone who is linked to your membership not already applied for one for you?

49 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Hopefully they won't continue to tolerate it and the pressure on the club to sort out this shitstain of a system will continue.

That's yours and others opinion. My opinion is just being given a shot to get in is better than never getting a sniff due to work commitments never being free to log-in at 10am. Doubt I'm alone in that. It's not perfect but nothing will be until the ground is expanded. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I clicked the link in my email and it took me straight to the ballot page where I could click on “Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa”

has someone who is linked to your membership not already applied for one for you?

Good man. I hadn’t realised I got an email when I click the link in there it works. Seems pretty daft you can’t just on the site to do it 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Good man. I hadn’t realised I got an email when I click the link in there it works. Seems pretty daft you can’t just on the site to do it 

I got to it through the site, thinks there's just some problems for some people.