Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

She will now and then but not every game. I can only transfer 10 games so will have to find a solution to the problem if the light is a different colour for seniors. Though when I've scanned after some old folk this season their ST just showed green so I'm not sure. I'll ask the old bloke next to me at the Brighton game and go from there. 

To be honest you could probably get away without transferring most weeks, it’s just a risk.

Also that 10 transfers rule, isn’t actually hard and fast I don’t think. I think if you do more than ten they might contact you to ask what’s going on. If you’re always transferring to the same person it looks much less dodgy than if you’re transferring to a different person every time.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SteV said:

“It is believed that Newcastle are working on membership changes that will improve the chances of being successful in the ballots next season.”

Very much like to know how this is possible without any extra seats….

I wonder if they essentially cap the amount of games members can attend so everyone gets to go basically. 

Just now, SteV said:

“It is believed that Newcastle are working on membership changes that will improve the chances of being successful in the ballots next season.”

Very much like to know how this is possible without any extra seats….

Limiting the amount of memberships available? 

Splitting them between local / national / international and having different pots?

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Limiting the amount of memberships available? 

Splitting them between local / national / international and having different pots?

All of that is possible (although I’d be incredibly surprised if memberships were capped mind)

But essentially all you’re doing is making it easier for some people and more difficult for others. Not that I necessarily think that’s not a good thing, but getting the criteria right around exactly how you do it will be a very delicate balancing act.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I wonder if they essentially cap the amount of games members can attend so everyone gets to go basically. 

Probably possible, but feels like they’d have to put a lot of work in to make sure it operated as planned.

25 minutes ago, SteV said:

Probably possible, but feels like they’d have to put a lot of work in to make sure it operated as planned.

Just buy more memberships to avoid this

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just buy more memberships to avoid this

Yeah, that would be the fairly obvious and easy (if slightly expensive) workaround.

They had sponsor space up during the Brighton game, the new membership creatively called "The Magpies" 

Was in the box office last week and the staff were saying that a NUFC App is in development as well as upgrades throughout their IT infrastructure.

They also said that this time last year, with the changeover to digital, there was still a huge demand for their time. It's been relatively painless this year and they're really happy with the way renewals etc have gone. I have to say, it was dead quiet when I was in there.

7 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Was in the box office last week and the staff were saying that a NUFC App is in development as well as upgrades throughout their IT infrastructure.

They also said that this time last year, with the changeover to digital, there was still a huge demand for their time. It's been relatively painless this year and they're really happy with the way renewals etc have gone. I have to say, it was dead quiet when I was in there.

A new website pls god. It is truly awful

They’ve changed the website from www.nufc.co.uk to www.newcastleunited.com so something is clearly in the works.

Interesting to see what they do with the digital stuff. Most of the improvement is needed in the booking part, but it’s an interesting business case to invest money in picking a seat when nobody is able to pick a seat anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Bloody hope so...

Just want a dedicated supporters club section of the website so when I’m travelling I can easily find info on what pubs to watch games in

As a large person it is unfair to me and everyone my arse comes into contact with that I cannot choose a seat near the end.

19 minutes ago, OCK said:

As a large person it is unfair to me and everyone my arse comes into contact with that I cannot choose a seat near the end.

Cheapest seats in the ground are level 7 row Y and it is exactly where I would sit for life if I had the chance

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The 500 tickets on reseller websites every game need to be urgently addressed. 

Not when it’s the club that put them there.

They've made some absolutely snorting decisions regarding ticketing so far so really looking forward to these cutting edge changes they're going to make.

Massive fan of them sending me an email to remind me to renew my season ticket that I don’t have, when I only don’t have one because the club screwed me over :thup: 

31 minutes ago, NSG said:

Massive fan of them sending me an email to remind me to renew my season ticket that I don’t have, when I only don’t have one because the club screwed me over :thup: 

What happened like?