Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

4 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Let's say they didn't take any money up front, they draw the ballot, the people who come out of the ballot go to the usual seat map, select seat they want at price they want and the money is paid, or they decide no seat is acceptable, they do not pay any money, and their place on ballot is released for a second ballot.

I wouldn't even mind if they took the money up front, as long as I get a range of seats to actually choose from. 

23 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Probably not too difficult with a few developers on the job, especially if you're desperate.

Aye wouldn’t surprise me if they had people working thru the night on it too

18 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Yeah I agree - those that come out of the ballot - simply go to the ticket selection stage where you pick seat.

So, what? Another 24 hour period to do this? With others complaining that they can’t get online at that point and why should they have to etc

Aside from people with genuine reasons for being unable to be placed in whatever seat, I do think this is starting to get a bit silly:

A) Apply for a seat in a category that costs a price you want/are prepared to pay

B) Be allocated a seat.

It doesn’t sound that unreasonable to me. People desperate to sit next to others can apply together. 

8 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

So, what? Another 24 hour period to do this? With others complaining that they can’t get online at that point and why should they have to etc

Aside from people with genuine reasons for being unable to be placed in whatever seat, I do think this is starting to get a bit silly:

A) Apply for a seat in a category that costs a price you want/are prepared to pay

B) Be allocated a seat.

It doesn’t sound that unreasonable to me. People desperate to sit next to others can apply together. 

:lol: Yes. Exactly what you said in your first two sentences. What difference does 24 hours make?

FYI there is already a ticket resale 3 days after this current ballot. Plenty of time for people to go in and select a seat. 

84A816F1-57B8-4423-A29B-58933DE58CCB.png

16 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

B) Be allocated a seat.

Seriously ?

You’d like to go and see your favourite band in a stadium but the only option you’re given is to pay money for the ticket and be thankful you got in.  

Might be in a section that isn’t suitable for your preferences, might be separated from friends and family, might be at the very back and able to see fuck all.

Howay man.

Buying a ticket for an event doesn’t work like that. 

I’ve never bought a ticket to any entertainment or sporting event where I was allocated a seat at random. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

B) Be allocated a seat.

I think it's massively unreasonable to not be able to choose a seat you want. Would be fairly straightforward to implement a ballot to get access (authorisation), but then join a queue once successful in that ballot to choose your seat. 

There will always be some people successful in the ballot who's payment fails, or who ask for a refund (the club often releases small numbers of returns close to the game). Anyone in your hypothetical scenario would just be added to that category. Or put on the seat exchange (which we haven't seen implemented yet). No extra legwork required. 

It's also a bit shit that as a season ticket holder, I can't attempt to even sit next to my dad who's a member. He could be whacked anywhere in the Leazes/gallowgate assuming he's successful.

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

B) Be allocated a seat.

I think a lot of people wouldn't mind the extra 24 hour wait to pick seat they want. 

17 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

B) Be allocated a seat.

It's not about being sat next to others, it's about being in a seat with a view you find acceptable & in amongst people who are like-minded in the nature of their support.

26 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's not about being sat next to others, it's about being in a seat with a view you find acceptable & in amongst people who are like-minded in the nature of their support.

100% this

@Heron We need a Wor Flags banner with that on for the Villa game please O0

Edited by bobbydazzla

Alot of this is down to not offering seat moves when season ticket holders packed in over years etc. We have match day tickets everywhere in ones and twos. This has impact on member sales, atmosphere and affordability. Did mention this to trust. 

My mate wanted to move to platinum club from leazes but wasnt posssible..now you have a 75 quid match ticket.

Obviously wifi was further up agenda...

If I can't place my ingame bets what's the point even attending live to cheat the 10 second delay of televised games, 3-20 minute delay of illegal pirate streams. 

Edited by OCK

It's good that the club were willing to act so fast but ultimately the new solution is just a bit less shit than the one they implemented yesterday. 

They've had all summer to come up with something. For them to leave is this late before the season starts, think this is the best way to operate tickets for members and not inform fans of it before they took everyone's money just seems really amateurish. 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Do you reckon we have more chance of getting one, if you go for more expensive ticket? Platinum or 1892? 

The feeling is no because they’ll be far less of them available 

Simple question, I buy my ST. Why can I now only give it to a family member or friend (assuming they’ve paid to sign up and are added to my Family & Friends group) 9 times a year? I’ve paid for all of the games ffs. 

It won’t affect me as I’ll not miss that many but, there’s loads of fans who can’t afford a ST individually but they buy between 2 or 3 and take turns. 

On the flip side of that I know fans who have a few ST that they use part of the time for clients and at other times for family. They’ve not got a clue how they are affected/ what they can do.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Simple question, I buy my ST. Why can I now only give it to a family member or friend (assuming they’ve paid to sign up and are added to my Family & Friends group) 9 times a year? I’ve paid for all of the games ffs. 

It won’t affect me as I’ll not miss that many but, there’s loads of fans who can’t afford a ST individually but they buy between 2 or 3 and take turns. 

On the flip side of that I know fans who have a few ST that they use part of the time for clients and at other times for family. They’ve not got a clue how they are affected/ what they can do.

I would imagine it’s to try and prevent anyone who has (somehow) got hold of a ST and is just selling it on for profit every game. Admittedly won’t be many of them.

Although tbh, if you’re able to download a ST to more than one device, it seems an obvious way around it.

It’s fucking stupid that’s what it is. There’s been times where I’ve not really known until the last minute whether I can go or not. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can’t but, if I can’t this season I’ll be out of time to nominate someone so my seat will be empty and a genuine fan will miss out.

Absolute bollocks.

Not that I’m advocating this in any way, but….

I think we might find that people start keeping their digital ticket on a old(er) phone, that could easily be passed to someone in the same way a card would have been.

And that’s fair? Someone buys a seat for all of the matches but is more or less forced to leave it empty for some games?

It’s all about making money from fans and it’s being carried out in a pretty callous way imo.

Not so long ago we were giving out free half season tickets - no fan was holding onto a ST in the hope that they’d turn a profit in a few years by selling tickets for games. If the club want to route out this type, if there are any, just look at any who managed to get multiple ST after the takeover and take a look.