Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Got through in place 333 this morning, but it came up with an unknown error in the ticketing bit.....I presume because I'm abroad and didn't like my IP? 

Another one misses, bollocks.

eh? for the ballot? it's open until Thursday!

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Got through in place 333 this morning, but it came up with an unknown error in the ticketing bit.....I presume because I'm abroad and didn't like my IP? 

Another one misses, bollocks.

It doesn't matter what place you are for this, it's a ballot entry that's open for 2 days so not first come, first served.

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

They sold 57k on the first day. The number will be far higher now. I calculate my chances of being successful for the Liverpool ballet at around 15%.

the only 'cheat' we've been able to come up with as a group is that all 4 of us have our wallets on old (ie pre last upgrade) smart phones. in the event one comes out the ballot but is unable to attend then we're all happy to lend out the phone to one of the others!

desperate measures for desperate times!  :lol:

It's a farce.

Enter via the ballot: Ballot entry button not working 

Choose category 1,2 or 3. But we still don't know which parts of the ground relate to which category. Can we at least have an up to date stadium plan ?

IMPORTANT: Tickets can be allocated in any available category, and so if successful the total price of your application may vary. Prices shown are the maximum per price ticket. So why choose a category ? Could I end up paying £77 when I only wanted to pay £47 ?

If you're unsuccessful in the 1st ballot there's a 2nd ballot. When ?  How ? Will I be given a new category ? Could I end up paying £77 when I only wanted to pay £47 ?

And ticket prices have been ramped up again too, a very stealthy approach.

@Greg I know you've already spoken to the club about fan concerns prior to Villa tickets, I assume all of this new shambles is being documented and will be raised again ?

My direct queries to Supporter Services just got a copy n paste generic response about "making the ticketing process fairer for all after the fan consultation groups"

Edited by bobbydazzla

Was about to capture those questions myself :thup:

At a minimum each match should have:

• What price category is this match
  • Explanations of each stage of the sale process (sale, ballot, resale, transfer etc)

• A full map of the stadium with pricing categories
  • Areas listed/explained beside the category selections when entering the ballot

• Full explanation of the second ballot
  • Option to select or refuse other areas

• Notifications for people who are unsuccessful as well as successful 
  • Obviously a massively longer lead time with tickets going on sale at least a month before the match

There's probably more. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

They obviously just don't have anyone very good in this department, coupled with really old front and (I would guess) back office systems. 

I'm not sure why the club didn't overhaul this department straight away, but I guess it's a lot of investment for the few thousand tickets that are available, and they know will sell out anyway. 

And even if they had started the work on day one of the takeover, it might not be complete yet. 

It really should come under customer/fan experience rather than just ticketing, because that's the main justification for improving it. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They obviously just don't have anyone very good in this department, coupled with really old front and (I would guess) back office systems. 

I'm not sure why the club didn't overhaul this department straight away, but I guess it's a lot of investment for the few thousand tickets that are available, and they know will sell out anyway. 

And even if they had started the work on day one of the takeover, it might not be complete yet. 

It really should come under customer/fan experience rather than just ticketing, because that's the main justification for improving it. 

The whole site still stinks of Ashley - all on the cheap, looks like front end and back end are held together with chewing gum & rubber bands. It's just a crap experience that gives no-one what they want. 

As a birthday treat to myself, I thought I'd splash out on a platinum club ticket for me and my son. However, I'm not that bothered where I'm sitting, and it feels like I've put all my eggs in one basket... I'd like to have been able to request two tickets in all categories, descending (i.e. try plat, then cat 1, then cat 2, then cat 3 etc). 

Just doesn't feel like this has been thought through very well.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Anyone know if you can transfer an away digital ticket to someone in your family and friends group?

If they have the required amount of points then surely it should be allowed

Wouldn't trust the box office though

The system could be so easy too, just do it like they do over here for really highly sought after concert  tickets:

- Season ticket holders get their seats.

- All members who want to possibly go enter a ballot. 

- You get told that you (and let’s say your kid, attached to your account) are selected.

- The next day, or the day after or whenever, at a certain time in the day it’s open field day for those individuals who are chosen. They get to choose/get a chance at seats they want like it was a general sale. 
- After say 48 hours the ticketing office closes sales and takes a look at all tickets sold. 
- The remaining ones, after bots and scalpers are identified and cleared, are opened to general sale for members.

If you get selected you may not get the seats you want in the end but that’ll be up to you and if you want to pay whatever price is left. If you don’t,  someone from the general sales for members would likely gladly take a seat at whatever price. 

Edited by cubaricho

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

The system could be so easy too, just do it like they do over here for really highly sought after concert  tickets:

- You get told that you (and let’s say your kid, attached to your account) are selected.

- The next day, or the day after or whenever, at a certain time in the day it’s open field day for those individuals who are chosen. They get to choose/get a chance at seats they want like it was a general sale. 
- After say 48 hours the ticketing office closes sales and takes a look at all tickets sold. 
- The remaining ones, after bots and scalpers are identified and cleared, are opened to general sale for members.

If you get selected you may not get the seats you want in the end but that’ll be up to you and if you want to pay whatever price is left. If you don’t,  someone from the general sales for members would likely gladly take a seat at whatever price. 

I really don’t understand why the Club have made it so shit and complex. The above would work fine.

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Last season was kinda similar to that, but without the ballot and 48hr purchase period. It would have been so easy just to tweak what we had, to make a solution like you’ve suggested that was fairer for people who couldn’t log on at 10am on a weekday. 

But for reasons known only to themselves the club have created this new system that is the worst ticketing process and communications campaign that I’ve ever experienced. 

I can’t imagine how anyone, even the people who were unhappy and complaining to the club last season, can look at what we have now and say “it’s straightforward and better” than what we had previously 

Edited by bobbydazzla