Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Easy for me to say as someone not in the ballot, but if last week is anything to go by, constantly checking from 10am onwards to see if you’ve got anything is a sure fire way to wind yourself right up.

Do you best to try and block it out til 4/5pm 😬

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Easy for me to say as someone not in the ballot, but if last week is anything to go by, constantly checking from 10am onwards to see if you’ve got anything is a sure fire way to wind yourself right up.

Do you best to try and block it out til 4/5pm 😬

I have already got the mindset that I have been unsuccessful. Not going through stressful shite every hour. 

My body can’t take it.

33 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Didn’t go into the ballot for this one, has it been as much of a shitshow as last time? Just so I know what to expect for the next ballot

Possibly worse this time, to add to the fun & games they suggested there’d be a 2nd ballot for anyone who was unsuccessful in the 1st ballot

But the whereabouts of the 2nd ballot are still a complete mystery. Would have more chance of finding Lord Lucan riding Shergar through the Bermuda Triangle

And on the day the ballot opened, the button to enter it on the website was unresponsive for the first 45 mins. Which was a nice touch 

Edited by bobbydazzla

53 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Interesting that the Club can clamp down on away tickets and ‘touting’ but this shit is literally going on under their nose? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if touting websites are buying up memberships and entering the ballot. 

https://x.com/man_about_toon/status/1692578472722416094?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Exactly this - these sites are obviously well known so why doesn’t the club just buy those tickets themselves to take them off the market and either take away the person’s season ticket (whoever it originally belonged to) or cancel the membership whoever originally bought it and find some way of identifying them to block future purchases or member applications, perhaps by using their bank details?

Edited by Toontimes

I’m still confused as to how there were 2 season ticket holders in my seat I bought through the resale for the Villa match last week.

Had to get a Steward and their supervisor to sort it out. They made the season ticket holders move as they said they shouldn’t have been there but not sure where they moved them to. 

It all seemed really dodgy. 

My understanding of these sites is that they don't have the tickets as yet, they take your money, a huge increase on face value, then try to source a ticket.

If they manage to source one they keep a cut

If not they refund you last minute 

May be wrong with some of the more "reputable" sites like stub hub, but drhat definitely how these pop up sites run.

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Interesting that the Club can clamp down on away tickets and ‘touting’ but this shit is literally going on under their nose? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if touting websites are buying up memberships and entering the ballot. 

https://x.com/man_about_toon/status/1692578472722416094?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

I think the club have made a lot of mistakes here. I’d have given priority to previous members or season ticket holders in any ballot and kept a small number of tickets back for local schools and given these tickets away free. 

FWIW on the away ticket anti touting controls they’d be better off looking closer to home at how tickets get on the black market. 

14 minutes ago, LV said:

I’m still confused as to how there were 2 season ticket holders in my seat I bought through the resale for the Villa match last week.

Had to get a Steward and their supervisor to sort it out. They made the season ticket holders move as they said they shouldn’t have been there but not sure where they moved them to. 

Sounds bizarre. Surely your ticket had the seat number on, and their ticket for the seat wouldn’t have the correct match details on- just a case of someone not checking correctly, I guess. But if theirs didn’t have the right details, how did they get in anyway, and as you say, where did they get moved to? Big fuckup somewhere, for sure.

26 minutes ago, LV said:

didn't something similar happen to someone else on here? sounds like people have been selling on their tickets, but their digital pass isn't being deactivated. if they've already downloaded it to their phone I wouldn't be surprised if it still works and lets them through the turnstile.

did you get in early and through the turnstile no bother? was it a digital ticket you ended up with?

:lol: what a monumental fuck up this whole thing has been. honestly, dunno why they've bothered when the infrastructure clearly isn't ready.

47 minutes ago, Big River said:

didn't something similar happen to someone else on here? sounds like people have been selling on their tickets, but their digital pass isn't being deactivated. if they've already downloaded it to their phone I wouldn't be surprised if it still works and lets them through the turnstile.

did you get in early and through the turnstile no bother? was it a digital ticket you ended up with?

:lol: what a monumental fuck up this whole thing has been. honestly, dunno why they've bothered when the infrastructure clearly isn't ready.

Yep I had a digital ticket and I got scanned in no bother. I’d got in early (Platinum Club) and went to the bar for a couple of half price drinks.

Went to my seat and there was a season ticket holder in it. He showed me his ticket, same seat exactly showing.

He looked pretty sheepish like he knew something dodgy had happened. My thinking was maybe that the season ticket holder had sold their tickets back to the club for that game and also sold/ passed his season ticket on for the game too. But otherwise, I have no idea how it happened. 

Edited by LV

Spoke to a mate who’s a Chelsea fan and member over the weekend. Their system is interesting.

You accumulate member loyalty points for games you attend. 

E.G Liverpool at home gets you 10 points. Whereas a less glamorous fixture in the League Cup vs Barsnley might get you 30 points. 

When tickets are released to members at 10am the starting threshold may be 200 points. This then reduces at 1pm to 100 points and then by 5pm to 50 points etc. All members tickets will then be sold on that day. 

Basically, the more points/loyalty you have will more or less guarantee you a ticket to a game you want to attend as long as you log in at the right time. 

He says it’s a great and fair system. Been plenty of times he’s missed out solely because he hasn’t logged in at 10am and it’s his own fault. 

Really not sure why we can’t implement something similar. 

Edited by TheGuv