Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

5 minutes ago, Big River said:

I'm a developer and you're talking shite, as usual ;)

Depends on the type of developer ;)

I am probably thinking about the perfect system tbh.

What you want is probably what your talking about but then it has the ability to customise and integrate and customize sufficient.

Dunno if it was posted but I noticed we now have the second most expensive cheapest ticket in the league after Everton. I did think this has gone under the radar a little bit, considering how they've made bit a of a pig of ticketing in general.

Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story, and it may be that other clubs only have some token cheap tickets (and an average price would maybe give a clearer idea), but still. 

10 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Having had discussions about a role at the club (head hunted) I can very much state that the remnants of Ashley are very much still in place. Behind the scenes central operational roles still have ‘stingy’ conditions and contracts in place. The very reason I turned the approach down. Imagine it’s the same across all roles which aren’t directly football related. It’ll take them a long time to restructure and sort out the filth that shithouse left behind.  

There's no real guarantee this is down to Ashley. Many professional football clubs have a reputation for being pretty shitty employers for those that aren't the immediate playing/coaching staff and management, often paying under the market rate for the jobs in question under the idea that people want to work in football.

Edited by ponsaelius

13 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Dunno if it was posted but I noticed we now have the second most expensive cheapest ticket in the league after Everton. I did think this has gone under the radar a little bit, considering how they've made bit a of a pig of ticketing in general.

Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story, and it may be that other clubs only have some token cheap tickets (and an average price would maybe give a clearer idea), but still. 

I saw this on Twitter. The usual comments were depressing.

”We have to raise money to compete man!” Etc etc.

People seem totally averse to criticising anything to do with the ownership because we finished 4th last season. 

When you see the spread of cheapest tickets I was actually really surprised by how expensive ours now are tbh.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

I saw this on Twitter. The usual comments were depressing.

”We have to raise money to compete man!” Etc etc.

People seem totally averse to criticising anything to do with the ownership because we finished 4th last season. 

When you see the spread of cheapest tickets I was actually really surprised by how expensive ours now are tbh.

Most of the people complaining will either not go to games anyway or be season ticket holders. Fair enough those who don't go will never be affected by ticket prices but there's going to be a lot of season ticket holders in for a nasty shock when it comes to the price of their season ticket in the coming years.

They've laid the marker down now and one thing they are clearly going to maximise is ticket revenue.

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

aye that's true but £55 is a bit of a shocker

It is but it doesn't tell the full story. Their cheapest tickets are £55 and their most expensive tickets are £55. They have 1 price for adults and it's the same regardless of stand or opposition. It's £25 for a junior. Also a quick check shows that their season tickets are generally cheaper than ours. For example the equivalent of our East Stand is £600/£670 whereas we are at around the £850 mark behind the goals start from £600.

At Man City adult prices start from £385 behind the goal which is incredible value to watch the best team in the world. Obviously they didn't have FFP to worry about when they were taken over and since then have grown revenues with success more than ticket prices.

18 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It is but it doesn't tell the full story. Their cheapest tickets are £55 and their most expensive tickets are £55. They have 1 price for adults and it's the same regardless of stand or opposition. It's £25 for a junior. Also a quick check shows that their season tickets are generally cheaper than ours. For example the equivalent of our East Stand is £600/£670 whereas we are at around the £850 mark behind the goals start from £600.

At Man City adult prices start from £385 behind the goal which is incredible value to watch the best team in the world. Obviously they didn't have FFP to worry about when they were taken over and since then have grown revenues with success more than ticket prices.

Ah ok,so not too bad for some areas but high for the poorest views. Amazing value at Man city, had no idea

15 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Ah ok,so not too bad for some areas but high for the poorest views. Amazing value at Man city, had no idea

Aye thise of us who've been to Goodison before can vouch for their being some really restricted views which they shouldn't be charging anywhere near £55 for!

https://x.com/toonblogg/status/1696482016332558521?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Some saying Liverpool fans were in the home end. But nobody would ever pay £37 to enter a ballot would they…

A side note too. A pal

of mine, who is a Liverpool fan, paid £200 for an away end ticket on Sunday. I’m sure £37 is worth the risk to many for a home end ticket if that’s the price for some away tickets. 

Edited by TheGuv

3 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

There was 100% Liverpool fans in the home end at the weekend. Saw some fists flying. 

Aye, there was an incident in the Leazes after Nunez's first goal.

12 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

https://x.com/toonblogg/status/1696482016332558521?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Some saying Liverpool fans were in the home end. But nobody would ever pay £37 to enter a ballot would they…

A side note too. A pal

of mine, who is a Liverpool fan, paid £200 for an away end ticket on Sunday. I’m sure £37 is worth the risk to many for a home end ticket if that’s the price for some away tickets. 

Yeah, there was a few kicking about, only made themselves known in the last 10 mins unsurprisingly.

Nothing like on the scale of 2019 mind.

Bought the CL Ticket packages for our seats, it looks like the payments have been taken but I've had email stating that one of the payments has failed and, if I don't sort it out online or call them by 5pm tomorrow, the ticket will be released for general sale and not available for the subsequent games.

Tried online. All looks fine. No option to reserve the seat nor check out and pay for it.

So trying to speak to the box office. Been on hold 96 mins so far.

This is so shit man. They've got to do better.

This Silverstone guy might be enjoying the Adidas deal plaudits but I hope he's being made well aware of how shite the customer experience is these days.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Bought the CL Ticket packages for our seats, it looks like the payments have been taken but I've had email stating that one of the payments has failed and, if I don't sort it out online or call them by 5pm tomorrow, the ticket will be released for general sale and not available for the subsequent games.

Tried online. All looks fine. No option to reserve the seat nor check out and pay for it.

So trying to speak to the box office. Been on hold 96 mins so far.

This is so shit man. They've got to do better.

This Silverstone guy might be enjoying the Adidas deal plaudits but I hope he's being made well aware of how shite the customer experience is these days.

Seems like that’s happened to quite a few, so most likely a system issue, rather than something actually related to you or your tickets.