Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Did people prefer the queuing system that was previously in place ?

Yes, I went to every game easily :lol:

But that wasn’t a real queuing system, because it was so easy to game it and get multiple queue positions. I was at the point of having 100+ windows open with a different queue position on each. 

A real queue with one position per person would probably have been just as bad as the ballot. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

41 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Did people prefer the queuing system that was previously in place ?

For me it was flawed but a billion times better than what we have now

Log on at 10am, choose where you want to sit, out by 10.30 at very latest

Low hassle, short time required, no unwanted seats 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

For me it was flawed but a billion times better than what we have now

Log on at 10am, choose where you want to sit, out by 10.30 at very latest

Low hassle, short time required, no unwanted seats 

Was that using only one queue position though?

Curious of the members who have had the most success, from when each ballot opens when do you apply...... immediately/ within the first 48hrs/ Or days after, I'm just wondering with how random it is, if it actually makes a difference. 

Edited by mighty__mag

3 out of 9 for the ballot, 2 in the resale. Similar result from the previous system, but that was on my phone at work, which was about equal stress level to the resale palaver 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yes, I went to every game easily :lol:

But that wasn’t a real queuing system, because it was so easy to game it and get multiple queue positions. I was at the point of having 100+ windows open with a different queue position on each. 

A real queue with one position per person would probably have been just as bad as the ballot. 

Exactly. The last system was ‘better’ because you could cheat it.

And in saying that, it’s not a slight on anyone that did (I did it myself). But clearly, it didn’t work as it was supposed to.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Curious of the members who have had the most success, from when each ballot opens when do you apply...... immediately/ within the first 48hrs/ Or days after, I'm just wondering with how random it is, if it actually makes a difference. 

I apply pretty much immediately, not sure it makes much difference mind.

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Much easier to get tickets by having a large collection of friends who are ST holders who can't make the odd game. 

Look at Mr. Friends over here

2/10 for me; always solo; always category 2. I don't yearn to be there like I did once upon a time so it doesn't bother me like it does others, but obviously accept that it's an imperfect system. 

Applied for 5, got 1. I think I applied category 2 for the first 3 and then category 1 after that to see if it increased my odds, no idea if it did or not, probably just luck. Stopped applying after the win as I can only afford to make the trip up once a season at most. Will definitely be buying another membership and entering again next year if the ballot system remains. My situation means that I can wait it out knowing that eventually I'll win one of the 19. Appreciate it's a different story for those trying to get to every game mind 

I can't recall what my ratio was tbh - applied for maybe three quarters of the games and reckon I was successful 40-50% of the time. Any time I was unsuccessful I was able to get ticket(s) in the resale with borderline (or not so borderline) autistic levels or persistence. 

One of the lads put this together for our group:

Here’s your NUFC membership wrapped for 23/24 season 🕺🏼

Ballots won: 4 (Burnley, Palace, Milan (only two tickets), Bournemouth)

Ballots entered (assuming we did all PL and UCL games) = 22

That means success rate of 18% 🎉 🥳 

Last year for refefence we attended 22 games, which I think is all. Maybe one carabao missed. 

Membership fee 23/24 = £37 - up from £35
Ticket fees paid for 4 games 23/24 = £196
Our Average cost per ticket = £49 (up 40% from last year, from £35.10 - yes I looked at how much we paid for every ticket last year)

Membership fee as average per 
game successful 23/24 = £9.25

Total average cost per ticket 23/24 = £58.25

Membership fee as average per game successful 22/23 = £1.59
Total average cost per ticket 22/23 = £36.69

Choice of seat 23/24 = 0%
Choice of seat 22/23 = 100%

10 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

One of the lads put this together for our group:

Here’s your NUFC membership wrapped for 23/24 season 🕺🏼

Ballots won: 4 (Burnley, Palace, Milan (only two tickets), Bournemouth)

Ballots entered (assuming we did all PL and UCL games) = 22

That means success rate of 18% 🎉 🥳 

Last year for refefence we attended 22 games, which I think is all. Maybe one carabao missed. 

Membership fee 23/24 = £37 - up from £35
Ticket fees paid for 4 games 23/24 = £196
Our Average cost per ticket = £49 (up 40% from last year, from £35.10 - yes I looked at how much we paid for every ticket last year)

Membership fee as average per 
game successful 23/24 = £9.25

Total average cost per ticket 23/24 = £58.25

Membership fee as average per game successful 22/23 = £1.59
Total average cost per ticket 22/23 = £36.69

Choice of seat 23/24 = 0%
Choice of seat 22/23 = 100%

That's pretty damming that mind. Not renewing mine and the bairns for next season. Haven't applied for a game since before Xmas but until then had a reasonable success rate. Excellent in the family enclosure but poor for Cat 2. Unfortunately I don't like Level 7 so not really keen on the family enclosure and really hate not being able to at least select a stand to be in, let alone a seat so for that reason I'm out.

I think membership numbers will drop off next season. It's awful value and a poorly thought out package.