Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Has hardly taken much to finish above is in the recent past has it ? 

True but “fucking shit” is a bit hyperbolic, no? The guy’s played in the Champions League and been a mainstay in a team that has consistently finished above us. I never said he was a world beater but he’s definitely not as bad as many are making out.

With a DM, Pulisic, and Isak, we'd have won today (possibly quite handily). Just two more quality players in and we'd be immeasurably more comfortable against all comers.

Then with Wilson, Shelvey and Bruno back, the options for the manager with regard to team selection become so much less stress-inducing [emoji38]

C'mon Mandy, Darren and Dan, you have gotta speculate to accumulate. 

Definitely need a couple of bodies in and I think we'll get them.

Obviously we need a RW but I do suspect it'll be someone who's more of an AM/SS to play just off the striker rather than as a true wide man. My guess is we go back in for Maddison, as the deadline moves closer I could see him maybe pushing to be allowed to leave. If we can't get him, reigniting the offer for João Pedro could be an option. If we can't get a permanent deal for a player we really want at a price we're comfortable with, maybe then we look to loan someone like Pulisic as a stopgap.

Really would be on board with pushing the boat out to get Maddison. Think he'd be immense in that Almiron role, playing clever little passes in behind for Isak to feast on and chipping in plenty of goals himself too. Another huge plus is that he could easily drop into the AM spot for when we're chasing games or we want to play Isak and Wilson together. Also think he's about as close as a sure thing to hit the ground running as you could ask for 

Similar story with CM, I think we get someone in there to pair with Joe and Bruno as the first choice trio. Ideally a permanent deal but I don't think we'll spend just for the sake of it.

With no additions I think we'll have a decent season. When everyone is fit I'd fancy is to give anyone a game. However, that's not really that realistic and the drop off from our first choice 11 to our main backups in midfield and attack is stark.

Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Anderson and Fraser are all capable of coming in and doing a job if they have a good team around them IMO. You get to the point where you're starting three of them like we were today and their lack of quality (or experience, in the case of Anderson) starts to show, though.

Then we've got the likes of Wood and Murphy getting significant game time when they should only really be playing in the most grim circumstances imaginable.

Get two good players in this week and it could be a very fun season if injuries don't fuck us, let's hope it happens!

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Predictions for the last week then ?

Im going for one more in on loan, and a new bid for Harrison which will be rejected.

Sounds about right. CM for me but would be content with a good winger.

I actually think we might spend again.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, STM said:

Mate, we signed Isak last week.

We need 3 CF’s and Wood as much as I like him as a character and think he served his purpose last season, offers next to nothing. We can’t go into the season with an injury prone Wilson and Isak with Wood as back up. He was awful today, offered nothing.

Edited by HTT II

6 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mctominay has supposedly been made available. 

I have it on good authority that Mctominay is one of the best young midfielders in the world, maybe even one of the best at Man U!

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Definitely need a couple of bodies in and I think we'll get them.

Obviously we need a RW but I do suspect it'll be someone who's more of an AM/SS to play just off the striker rather than as a true wide man. My guess is we go back in for Maddison, as the deadline moves closer I could see him maybe pushing to be allowed to leave. If we can't get him, reigniting the offer for João Pedro could be an option. If we can't get a permanent deal for a player we really want at a price we're comfortable with, maybe then we look to loan someone like Pulisic as a stopgap.

Really would be on board with pushing the boat out to get Maddison. Think he'd be immense in that Almiron role, playing clever little passes in behind for Isak to feast on and chipping in plenty of goals himself too. Another huge plus is that he could easily drop into the AM spot for when we're chasing games or we want to play Isak and Wilson together. Also think he's about as close as a sure thing to hit the ground running as you could ask for 

Similar story with CM, I think we get someone in there to pair with Joe and Bruno as the first choice trio. Ideally a permanent deal but I don't think we'll spend just for the sake of it.

With no additions I think we'll have a decent season. When everyone is fit I'd fancy is to give anyone a game. However, that's not really that realistic and the drop off from our first choice 11 to our main backups in midfield and attack is stark.

Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Anderson and Fraser are all capable of coming in and doing a job if they have a good team around them IMO. You get to the point where you're starting three of them like we were today and their lack of quality (or experience, in the case of Anderson) starts to show, though.

Then we've got the likes of Wood and Murphy getting significant game time when they should only really be playing in the most grim circumstances imaginable.

Get two good players in this week and it could be a very fun season if injuries don't fuck us, let's hope it happens!

Okay HTT ?

Edited by cubaricho