Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 hours ago, Sufi said:

Thats a valid point. He's a feisty little guy though. I think we have enough tenacity and strength in the squad. We can afford to have a slightly smaller guy who works hard. What he lacks in size he makes up for everywhere else tbh. Reminds me a bit of a young Modric in his agility and range of passing. Obviously not comparing him to Luka in any other way asides from that and maybe the size criticism. 

I like him a lot, there's another similarish smaller midfielder that plays for Sassuolo, Maxime Lopez, that I like too.

I just think in that deeper midfield role, from most of the links we've seen, it is likely that we are looking for someone with some physical presence in there.

I might be wrong though!

Newcastle and Aston Villa keeping tabs on Swansea youngster Azeem Abdulai with the Scotland Under 21 midfielder's playing style drawing comparisons with Jude Bellingham

Abdulai, 20, made his Swansea first-team debut against Oxford in Carabao Cup

He received a first international call-up for Scotland Under 21s back in March 

Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen are another interested in the midfielder

Newcastle United and Aston Villa are among the clubs keeping tabs on Swansea City youngster Azeem Abdulai - whose midfield style is being compared with Jude Bellingham.

The Scotland Under 21 international made his first-team debut for the Swans in their Carabao Cup match against Oxford United earlier this season.

His performances in the academy ranks were rewarded with outings in the March U21 internationals against Sweden and Wales.

Newcastle and Villa have been keeping tabs on 20-year-old Abdulai's progress and Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen are also watching him closely.

His stature, playing style and ability to dominate a midfield have drawn comparisons with England and Borussia Dortmund star Bellingham, 19, from some who have watched him in action.

Abdulai was born in Glasgow to a Sierra Leonean father and Scottish mother, joining the Jimmy Johnstone Academy at the age of just six.

Celtic spotted his talent and signed him into their academy at the age of nine but he was released aged 16 in April 2019.

His father Abu was paralysed after breaking his back lifting weights in the gym in 2008 but defied doctors by learning to walk again.

Abdulai moved to London by himself aged 16, living in an Airbnb room before he found the AG Football Academy run by agent Godfrey K Torto.

After trials at Brentford and AFC Wimbledon, he eventually signed for Premier League club Leicester City after Kolo Toure, a first-team coach under Brendan Rodgers, remembered his talents from Celtic.

In the end, Abdulai moved on to Swansea in 2021 and quickly established himself in midfield for the Welsh club's Under 23 side.

Russell Martin called him into the Swansea first-team squad for their FA Cup third round tie against Southampton in January 2022 but he didn't get off the bench.

However, Abdulai did make his senior debut in Swansea's Carabao Cup tie with Oxford at the Kassam Stadium back in September, a game they lost on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

In March, he made his Scotland under-21 debut off the bench in a 3-2 defeat to Sweden at St Mirren Park, and then started the 3-0 loss to Wales a few days later.

Abdulai showed potential in those games, and his Swansea U23 games, to attract a string of high profile admirers ahead of the summer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12124673/Newcastle-Aston-Villa-keeping-tabs-Swansea-youngster-Azeem-Abdulai.html?ico=topics_pagination_desktop

48 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Gravenberch looks like a clone of Isak except for hes a CM. His appearance and dribbling style look insanely similar to Isak. Wonder if we can get Bayern to agree a fee for him. Looks like a star. I'd be fine with 40m for him.

I think he’d cost between 25-35m - Bayern bought him for circa 16m so it’s a decent profit for them after 1 year 

Just now, Mikky said:

I think he’d cost between 25-35m - Bayern bought him for circa 16m so it’s a decent profit for them after 1 year 

Read his wage demands would eclipse Bruno's. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Any source for this? The fume will be epic. 

Some local whispers. Obviously the kid has a lot of contacts so things get out. Truth, semi truth and out right lies. I don't know him or his family, some on here do, so it's quite specific, that he signs on his birthday so worth putting out there.

Thing is as well, as a toon fan he'll be buzzing were heading to the CL. That the likes of longstaff are playing a massive part in that. In comparison the mood is glum on wearyside for throwing away their best chance to come up and could take 5-10 years before they get that chance again.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Some local whispers. Obviously the kid has a lot of contacts so things get out. Truth, semi truth and out right lies. I don't know him or his family, some on here do, so it's quite specific, that he signs on his birthday so worth putting out there.

The morale dilemma for the Mackems will be interesting given they will be due some our blood oil money as compensation :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

The morale dilemma for the Mackems will be interesting given they will be due some our blood oil money as compensation :lol:

Pif should just get one of their little side companies to shirt sponsor them. 

21 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Kudus from Ajax linked in the Telegraph. 

Kudos - Kone - K Thuram - Szabozlai - Gravenbach - Y Fofana - A Scott - S Ambrabat - R Neves (Barca bound) - Milenkovic-Savic

Plenty of choices out there 

26 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes please 

Kudus certainly fits the bill in terms of the age and potential as does K Thuram as an no6 signing. Our summer signings will blend this type of player with the likes of Maddison, Tierney I’d say. That’s a good mix of premier league ready with exciting potential to go with the players we’ve already signed who now have some premier league experience. We’ll be able to maximise our transfer kitty too.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Kudos - Kone - K Thuram - Szabozlai - Gravenbach - Y Fofana - A Scott - S Ambrabat - R Neves (Barca bound) - Milenkovic-Savic

Plenty of choices out there 

….McTominay…. ?

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Is Rigg actually any good, or is he just not a mutant like every other Groomers' academy players?

Hes 15 and already played first team football. Wouldn’t start for us but he’s the best player in the country for his age and would be one for the future.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Hes 15 and already played first team football. Wouldn’t start for us but he’s the best player in the country for his age and would be one for the future.

Having Dan Ashworth selling the club to young players given his resume has to be very appealing to any young player. 

We need more ruthless finishers in the team and players who can open up defences at home, that’s where the heaviest outlay will be imo. The likes of Maddison, the Hungarian attacking midfielder and a Diaby type winger. We need more potency to go to places like Anfield or Old Trafford and win not to mention the champions league.

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

We need more ruthless finishers in the team and players who can open up defences at home, that’s where the heaviest outlay will be imo. The likes of Maddison, the Hungarian attacking midfielder and a Diaby type winger. We need more potency to go to places like Anfield or Old Trafford and win not to mention the champions league.

My 2 biggest outlays would be Szabozlai and Raphinha with this in mind 

Then you top it up with Maddison

Which leaves K Thuram - Tierney and Disasi/Danso etc as your other signings