Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Don't mind us signing McTominay if the idea is to keep Bruno in the DM role. He and Longstaff would be a very solid pair to rotate in that RCM box to box role IMO. We've seen how much we struggled without Longstaff the last month, can see the sense in adding a player with a similar skillset and doesn't seem like he'll cost a whole lot.

The talk of a versatile winger who can play anywhere across the front line makes me wonder if there's something in the João Felix rumours. Would fit the bill in that regard.

Felix, Maddison, McTominay, Tierney and a CB? I'd go for that, like.

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

Don't mind us signing McTominay if the idea is to keep Bruno in the DM role. He and Longstaff would be a very solid pair to rotate in that RCM box to box role IMO. We've seen how much we struggled without Longstaff the last month, can see the sense in adding a player with a similar skillset and doesn't seem like he'll cost a whole lot.

The talk of a versatile winger who can play anywhere across the front line makes me wonder if there's something in the João Felix rumours. Would fit the bill in that regard.

Felix, Maddison, McTominay, Tierney and a CB? I'd go for that, like.

I’d rather have Szabozlai than J Felix - him and Maddison can cover most of the forward roles and if we are really desperate we can use Big Joe and Gordon as emergency cover - wasn’t Gordon bought to be the 3rd forward - or cover that role?

my signings 

Tierney 

Disasi/ K Danso

Szabozlai

Maddison

K Thuram

A Scott

3 hours ago, Smal said:

Longstaff was this good under Benitez as well. He's always had this level in him. McTominay has not. 

I get where you’re coming from but Manchester United haven’t been great while he’s been there. To be honest I have the same initial reluctance as you, but Howe can choose who he wants at this stage. 

I didnt watch Mctominay much when he first broke into their first team either, so can’t comment on how he compares to early stage Longstaff. 

I think he’ll probably be a perfectly serviceable rotation midfielder if we did sign him, but I’d not be in a rush to put his name on my shirt.

Im watching the fellas on Toon Review youtube live right now and they are talking about De Paul. Interesting player. I'd prefer to look elsewhere though. Had no clue we were linked.

3 hours ago, Smal said:

Longstaff was this good under Benitez as well. He's always had this level in him. McTominay has not. 

When he first broke in he looked good but that fell away pretty quickly after 4 or 5 games. He had this alarming thing for playing passes a couple of yards short loads of times.

11 minutes ago, Sufi said:

Im watching the fellas on Toon Review youtube live right now and they are talking about De Paul. Interesting player. I'd prefer to look elsewhere though. Had no clue we were linked.

He’s not very good 

1 hour ago, Sufi said:

I love watching Le Fee. He seems like the perfect player for us. Anyone else on the Le Fee train?

He's a classy player, but he's very small. Not the sort of physical profile we've typically looked at in midfield.

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Would take Phillips over McTominay every day of the week. Played really well for England. Didn’t work out at city but they are the best team in the world. Pressed a shit load under Bielsa. Good player 

Different kinds of players though.

Depends where Howe is wanting to play McTominay tbf. Phillips is a better footballer imo, really good athlete as well. Was absolutely quality next to rice for England. I still rate him personally. Pep isn’t a fool and clearly saw something in him

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Phillips will cost quite a bit and his salary his quite high. You blow up the wage structure for him? Not convinced.

Fair point, we will have to at some point though. I do think he’s good though, was brilliant in the euros. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

He's a classy player, but he's very small. Not the sort of physical profile we've typically looked at in midfield.

Thats a valid point. He's a feisty little guy though. I think we have enough tenacity and strength in the squad. We can afford to have a slightly smaller guy who works hard. What he lacks in size he makes up for everywhere else tbh. Reminds me a bit of a young Modric in his agility and range of passing. Obviously not comparing him to Luka in any other way asides from that and maybe the size criticism. 

33 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Phillips will cost quite a bit and his salary his quite high. You blow up the wage structure for him? Not convinced.

I'd take him in a heartbeat but I doubt he's available or even willing. 

Gravenberch looks like a clone of Isak except for hes a CM. His appearance and dribbling style look insanely similar to Isak. Wonder if we can get Bayern to agree a fee for him. Looks like a star. I'd be fine with 40m for him.