Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:ben:

Until Newcastle become one of the biggest clubs in the world, they're not going to be associated with the word United over Manchester United.

Leeds United are known as Leeds. Sheffield are known as Sheffield. West Ham United are West Ham. It is what it is.

Just now, Shayve79 said:

Until Newcastle become one of the biggest clubs in the world, they're not going to be associated with the word United over Manchester United.

Leeds United are known as Leeds. Sheffield are known as Sheffield. West Ham United are West Ham. It is what it is.

Is it not just a way of differentiating Manchester United and Manchester City?

I know it's me being needlessly picky but there are three Sheffield clubs (four if Hallam is included) - Sheffield, Wednesday and United. 

Obviously it matters little in this particular debate but Sheffield are arguably one of the most important teams in the history of organised association football so the "United" situation isn't really for them. 

15 minutes ago, SteV said:

Obviously that’s just ridiculous. But the idea that Eze and Gravenberch are in a ‘Galaticos’ list with Neymar and Kane has tickled me.

Yeah, anyone could put that list together just by looking at gossip columns. 

Eze I really like, and I think he can play in any of the wider positions in a 4-3-3, in attack or midfield. 

It'll be an interesting window, because the only position where I'd say we were actually weak is left back. For the other areas, a replacement would need to be at or near the top bracket. So I think we'll make just 2 or 3 Isak-type signings, and maybe fill out the squad with 1 or 2 promising youngsters or old pros who can do a job, in the event of injuries or fixture congestion.

27 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

McTominay is good at making third man runs from midfield to get on the end of moves. Decent goalscorer. But he's very limited technically and not a natural DM.

Sounds perfect for us tbh [emoji38]

Longstaff should have hit double figures last season.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

32 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

I think you need to stay well clear of McTominay. I watch a lot of United games.

You have plenty of athletic midfielders who can get around the pitch and impose themselves physically. Your midfield isn't lacking height with Joelinton, Willock and Bruno Guimarães.

McTominay is good at making third man runs from midfield to get on the end of moves. Decent goalscorer. But he's very limited technically and not a natural DM.

You'd only be helping Unite finance a better CM signing. Newcastle need to be more ambitious than that. Signings like Botman and Isak, not feckin' McSauce.

He’s got 2 goals in over 50 games, he isn’t a decent goal scorer 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s got 2 goals in over 50 games, he isn’t a decent goal scorer 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He scored like 1 in 10 for Man united :lol:

Because they rarely play him as a box to box midfielder.

He's usually hiding behind an opposition player, scared shitless over the idea of receiving a pass. He's not a DM. Solskjaer persisted with it for years.

He scored 4 goals for Scotland during the last international break. They used him differently.

He scored 8 goals (1 might have been taken off him) for United during 20/21. He's not a very good overall player, but he does possess good ball striking technique. His height and physical presence are useful in the opposition box. He's similar to Fellaini.

Can we take all this mctominay talk over to his thread please? I keep coming in here hoping for the usual high profile dream signings speculation. No disrespect to mctominay, but he does have his own thread and I'd hate his stats and style of play being lost in the transfer rumours thread. 

32 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

20230525_133710.gif.396b36763d6a2ba83d89ea8b1d272393.gif

41 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

What bollocks. It's just lazy.

18 minutes ago, Shayve79 said:

Because they rarely play him as a box to box midfielder.

He's usually hiding behind an opposition player, scared shitless over the idea of receiving a pass. He's not a DM. Solskjaer persisted with it for years.

He scored 4 goals for Scotland during the last international break. They used him differently.

He scored 8 goals (1 might have been taken off him) for United during 20/21. He's not a very good overall player, but he does possess good ball striking technique. His height and physical presence are useful in the opposition box. He's similar to Fellaini.

@TheDarkKnight

1 minute ago, wormy said:

20230525_133710.gif.396b36763d6a2ba83d89ea8b1d272393.gif

Sheffield have two teams, United and Wednesday. Neither is known as just Sheffield.

And man u have been known as man u, or man united. Seems they only tried to grab the united tag as their own when Citeh got known as Citeh as opposed to Man City.

1 minute ago, Stal said:

Sheffield have two teams, United and Wednesday. Neither is known as just Sheffield.

And man u have been known as man u, or man united. Seems they only tried to grab the united tag as their own when Citeh got known as Citeh as opposed to Man City.

I don't know anyone outside of Newcastle who doesn't call them United.

Usually it's Man U in a negative way. As in "Manure".

You'll all need to have thicker skin if a simple post rattles that you that badly tbh.

1 minute ago, Shayve79 said:

I don't know anyone outside of Newcastle who doesn't call them United.

Usually it's Man U in a negative way. As in "Manure".

You'll all need to have thicker skin if a simple post rattles that you that badly tbh.

It's a recentish thing, defo since the Premier league and part of all the media shite that goes with it.

I don’t necessarily have an issue with McTominay signing. I can see how his qualities would translate well to Howe’s coaching and tactical set-up.

But my position has always been that the club can’t (seriously) then brief the press about FFP struggles if we’re deliberately targeting players in the most inflated market bracket possible (following on from Gordon).

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Sounds perfect for us tbh [emoji38]

Longstaff should have hit double figures last season.

Yeah he should have. It’s probably the only negative against Longstaff and Willock is the amount of chances they blaze over the bar from great opportunities.