Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rumours saying Poch doesn’t want Gallagher and he is available for 40 million. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us going for him.

Really hope not

Gallagher is only 23. He's had a very good season playing regularly at Palace, then a bit-part season, followed by a disappointing one at a dysfunctional Chelsea.

At Palace he showed all the hallmarks of an Eddie Howe number eight. He grafts, he's aggressive and he finished the season with eight goals and five assists.

Given he has regressed in his time at Chelsea, the prices quoted are too much, but there is a player in there.

Don't want Gallagher, he doesn't have a fancy foreign name and he hasn't done it in a shite league so obviously it's good enough.

Tells you alot about the modern football fan:

This Turkish kid has a few fancy highlights on YouTube... obviously the next Modric.

Gallagher, had a genuinely class season in the hardest league in the world at the age of 21/22... na he's shite. 

[emoji38]

Can we not be sensible for one minute.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't want Gallagher, he doesn't have a fancy foreign name and he hasn't done it in a shite league so obviously it's good enough.

This Turkish kid has a few fancy highlights on YouTube... obviously the next Modric.

Gallagher, had a genuinely class season in the hardest league in the world at the age of 21/22... na he's shite. 

[emoji38]

Can't talk for everyone else but i've followed Arda Guler very closely. Unless he has some sort of unexpected mental breakdown or any serious injuries or something similar then he will be one of the best around in the not too distant future. I'm absolutely 100% certain about this. Obviously unexpected things can happen in football. He is a generational talent that plays football years ahead of his age.

Edited by Ikon

If people want 4+ players then that means bringing in players at different ability levels. Gallagher is a good player, comfortable in the PL. £40m is too much  but for the right price (£25m) he would be a great addition.

Also people need to move past thinking about 11 players what a starting line up is and think in terms of the 16-18 player squad who rotate through the season. If you look at City and Liverpool in previous seasons the team is never static, that doesn’t work with PL plus Europe. Arsenal tried it this season and burnt out by the end

9 minutes ago, STM said:

[emoji38]

Guler is 18, seen as a generational talent for his country and regularly starring for his club & according to reports would cost less than £10m. Gallagher is 5 years older, had a very good half a season in the league a couple of years ago and would cost £40m & probably about £100k per a week in wages whilst also helping one of our rivals out of a financial mess.

If we were to spend £40m on three players this window there's no way I want one of those to be Gallagher.

Edited by KDT

10 minutes ago, STM said:

[emoji38]

Or accept people watch lots of football outside the prem and have an opinion on players you may not have heard of ?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Or accept people watch lots of football outside the prem and have an opinion on players you may not have heard of ?

Imagine thinking Bruno G is good in Lyon when Connor 'Big D' Gallagher is scoring 8 goals in the best league in the world. 

I don't like Gallagher. Sure, he's an OK player who would probably fit in well in a Eddie Howe team.
For me though he's an unlikeable character and I don't want to destroy our likeability as a team and group of players. :D 

2 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

I don't like Gallagher. Sure, he's an OK player who would probably fit in well in a Eddie Howe team.
For me though he's an unlikeable character and I don't want to destroy our likeability as a team and group of players. :D 

To be fair, most players are unlikeable until they play for us , especially when they play for so called big six teams [emoji38]

Granted it's not a 'blow your socks of signing' but Gallagher would be good addition to the side. Assuming Eddie can get the best out of him, which he has a track record of doing, I think he could be real force. People seem to forget just how good he was in that loan spell at Palace. It's been rough going for him at Chelsea, but it's hard to really know what to make of that given how much of a basket case that club is. 

Gallagher will cost the same or more than Ward prowse, I know which one of those has played more and at a consistent level over quite a few years...

The price point for the Turkish lad looks just too good to miss out on.

He's been very disappointing every time I've seen him this season, on that basis I don't want him. But I didn't watch him closely at Palace, so I guess it depends how much stock you put in what he was able to do there.

He's definitely a hard worker and runs around a lot, that's in his favour. 

37 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gallagher is only 23. He's had a very good season playing regularly at Palace, then a bit-part season, followed by a disappointing one at a dysfunctional Chelsea.

At Palace he showed all the hallmarks of an Eddie Howe number eight. He grafts, he's aggressive and he finished the season with eight goals and five assists.

Given he has regressed in his time at Chelsea, the prices quoted are too much, but there is a player in there.

Agree 100% with this. He was brilliant against us at St James for Palace and he always caught my eye when palace played that season. I can see it happening and Chelsea with want to squeeze as much out the deal as possible. I suppose the problem we have is we paid £40m for Gordon so driving Gallagher's price down will be hard. As well as the wages situation.

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Agree 100% with this. He was brilliant against us at St James for Palace and he always caught my eye when palace played that season. I can see it happening and Chelsea with want to squeeze as much out the deal as possible. I suppose the problem we have is we paid £40m for Gordon so driving Gallagher's price down will be hard. As well as the wages situation.

You must be thinking about a different player when palace played us, he was subbed early second half having struggled all game.

I'd hate to help Chelsea out but based on what I've seen I think Gallagher would be a good fit for our midfield and general playing style. His high workrate, combative nature and general defensive contributions would make him a good foil for Longstaff in-particular. I'm not sure how unique those attributes are though and if he's costing the same amount as Bruno, you'd think we could find an alternative who is more reasonably priced. 

41 minutes ago, STM said:

[emoji38]

Nah I just don’t want Gallagher because everytime I’ve paid much attention he’s been Shite. He shone in an average palace side but really struggled at Chelsea. Don’t care if it’s English or foreign we can do better. We are in the champions league 

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You must be thinking about a different player when palace played us, he was subbed early second half having struggled all game.

You're right it was the away match  I was thinking of.

Edited by Schecter

I wouldn't mind Gallagher, I think he'd fit in and as a squad player (and as has been mentioned, at the right price) as could do a decent job as one of our violet (not quite a purple) signings.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A few (poor) links emerging for us being interested in Tyler Adams from Leeds.

So were about a dozen other clubs to be fair.

I like Adams, but we'll be looking for someone with more quality on the ball you'd have thought.