Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Have you considered that you might just be unhappy? :lol:

Think back to a year ago.

Yes I’m excited for the season and it’s miles apart but the Ashley era has fuck all to do with this transfer window. I find this view that you can’t want the best because of what we used to have. It’s the shittest patter ever. 

i mean even the Club don’t see Cornet as a top target or we’d have activated the release clause 

Close all the threads, no point discussing anything KI says we have to be happy with everything the new owners do or every player we sign because what we had a year ago :lol:

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm prepared to just ride it when the people in charge know what they are doing. We wanted Jeffers and Zenden, got Bellamy and Robert.

Definitely, it’s just my initial reaction. If he does come in, just like wood in January he’ll get all my support  

Totally got my heart set on Maddison but despite the promise earlier in the week I think I'm reverting back to my initial feeling that it's not likely. 

I reckon it'll be a couple of late additions and names we haven't heard yet. 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

If he was brought in along side Maddison I’d be all for it but If he was the main attacking signing of the summer it’s very underwhelming. To be seriously linked with Diaby, Maddison, Barnes, Harrison and even Paqueta all players who potentially take us closer to the next level to end up with Cornet just isn’t that exciting. 

If we are talking about that right hand side specifically, only Diaby and Paqueta would be better prospects than Cornet from those you've listed.

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yes I’m excited for the season and it’s miles apart but the Ashley era has fuck all to do with this transfer window. I find this view that you can’t want the best because of what we used to have. It’s the shittest patter ever. 

i mean even the Club don’t see Cornet as a top target or we’d have activated the release clause 

You can do whatever you like, whether you think it's shit patter or not, I'd say it's because there's obvious truth in it and you have no answer for it. It's looking a gift horse in the mouth and taking things for granted in the extreme to be disappointed in these circumstances imo

We were begging for the club to just try less than a year ago, now we're possibly having to fall back on players we would have been nowhere near because we've missed out on some of the most promising players out there. It's crackers.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You can do whatever you like, whether you think it's shit patter or not, I'd say it's because there's obvious truth in it and you have no answer for it. It's looking a gift horse in the mouth and taking things for granted in the extreme to be disappointed in these circumstances imo

We were begging for the club to just try less than a year ago, now we're possibly having to fall back on players we would have been nowhere near because we've missed out on some of the most promising players out there. It's crackers.

Nailed it :thup:

26 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Really don't understand the apathy people have towards Cornet. First season in the PL he scored 9 goals in 26 games in a shocking Burnley side. 

Broja... I get the apathy. 

Can Cornet actually play as an out and out striker though? I can see the logic of signing him as a RW, but not having seen that much of him, I'm unsure whether he would be as effective as a target man.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Mate, it’s just a reaction to a potential signing. It’s no big deal. I’m not the only one that would be underwhelmed with Cornet. Someone posted as much just a few posts above mine. My opinion on Cornet has absolutely no relevance to the team last year. If we sign him I’ll hope he makes me eat my words. My only point was he’s underwhelming compared to other players we’ve been linked with. Jesus :lol: 

I’ll assume you haven’t said anything negative about the signing of wood ;)

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's amazing man. We've gone from that to 'We're the richest club in the world, just pay the money and show the ambition you promised Bruno!'.

Despite them telling us and Bruno that it would be a step by step process. But people convinced themselves they just said that 'to keep prices down' :lol: 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's amazing man. We've gone from that to 'We're the richest club in the world, just pay the money and show the ambition you promised Bruno!'.

Despite them telling us and Bruno that it would be a step by step process. But people convinced themselves they just said that 'to keep prices down' :lol: 

I haven’t said anything like that at all. Don’t attribute comments like that to me. All because I don’t rate cornet. Individuals are allowed to rate or not rate a player without their view getting thrown back in their face and called ungrateful. 

Im practically the only person on here that believes their is a strict budget around £40m left and got hammered for believing it and I’m ok with that so to say I’m ungrateful or to think about last year is just shite 

Edited by gdm

Cornet could have dozens of clubs talking to him man, he could be waiting it out to get the best offer. On paper he looks like he would be a quality signing.

It was a few month ago people were being apathetic towards Nunez, and then Liverool bought him for like 100m or something stupid :lol:

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Mate, it’s just a reaction to a potential signing. It’s no big deal. I’m not the only one that would be underwhelmed with Cornet. Someone posted as much just a few posts above mine. My opinion on Cornet has absolutely no relevance to the team last year. If we sign him I’ll hope he makes me eat my words. My only point was he’s underwhelming compared to other players we’ve been linked with. Jesus :lol: 

I’ll assume you haven’t said anything negative about the signing of wood ;)

I don't see why it doesn't. Absolutely nothing wrong with stepping back from the bubble we're in and thinking 'you know what, Cornet might not be as good as Maddison, but look how far we've come to be in this situation' and feeling happy about it. 

Re Wood, I was the one predicting he'd score 12+ goals from January to May man :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Re Wood, I was the one predicting he'd score 12+ goals from January to May man :lol:

Ahh so you are mental then. Only kidding :lol:

I’d be happy with a player that isn’t expensive but I rate. I’m not asking for the world. I just don’t rate cornet. As I said I believe their is a strict budget and I’m fine with that.

brennan Johnson for example if Forest hadn’t came up I’d have been very happy signing him as I’ve seen him a lot and never failed to be impressed but that’s my own person view and I’d be more than fine with anyone that preferred cornet or would have been underwhelmed by him 

Edited by gdm

We're in the transfer thread, it's really not a big deal comparing transfer targets and expressing a bit of disappointment that we may end up with a choice lower down the list than we'd hoped.

I'm still very much excited for the season and that won't change, but the transfer window has (to date) not been the wild ride I'd hoped for [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is one I would quite like to see us pursue, I heard a few opinions that he's quite similar to Wilson.

Nah, he's a winger, who's an exceptionally good dribbler.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-kamaldeen-sulemana/

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/01/the-excellence-of-kamaldeen-sulemana-a-scouting-report/

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

You replied to a quote agreeing about a comment that was about me :thup:

I highlighted the bit in his post I responded to, which was talking about the fans general sentiments this time last year.

And in my response I specifically said 'We've', again specifying that I was talking about the fans in general.

I wasn't referring to you.

I do love watching a nice bit of infighting when there’s no football on. Like watching a pack of starving jackals turn on each other in a tooth and claw frenzy of fury. Happens every summer but this one is a particular classic. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I do love watching a nice bit of infighting when there’s no football on. Like watching a pack of starving jackals turn on each other in a tooth and claw frenzy of fury. Happens every summer but this one is a particular classic. 

I’ve no bother with anyone. Just didn’t like the suggestion that I had unrealistic expectations of was ungrateful because I didn’t like a player we are linked to. KI is a good poster we just disagree here 

I'm quite happy with our transfer business so far.

In that, I think we can already look forward to comfortable mid-table and no chance of having to fire up the relegation-ometer.

So anything we add from here on in is only going to be exciting and push us onwards and upwards.

But as it is, I'm happy going in against Forest with what we've got. I think that first 11 should be more than enough to turn them over.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So that would mean we would still need to find striker cover for Wilson (I'm hoping Howe isn't really going to be prepared to rely on Wood this season).