Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Howay then… who will we end up with by the time the window closes?

I’ll go Harrison and Broja. Werner if Broja doesn’t happen.

You can see why as well, if we got say Cornet instead of Maddison it would feel like a bit of a let down :lol:

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’ll go for Dennis (can cover out wide and upfront), and someone we haven’t heard about yet.

Just now, r0cafella said:

You can see why as well, if we got say Cornet instead of Maddison it would feel like a bit of a let down :lol:

Aye, but I’d equate it to Botman and Burn in January. Digne and Targett, as well.

As long as whoever we get improves the first XI, it’ll keep us moving in the right direction, though at perhaps a bit of a slower pace.

Wood’s performances aside, which I think have been adequately balanced out by other factors (Pope’s interview was enlightening), it’s clear that we’re fishing in pretty decent pools and doing our homework now. I’d think that would be especially true in a longer summer window when Ashworth is involved.

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

Cornet & broja unfortunately 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Aye, but I’d equate it to Botman and Burn in January. Digne and Targett, as well.

As long as whoever we get improves the first XI, it’ll keep us moving in the right direction, though at perhaps a bit of a slower pace.

Wood’s performances aside, which I think have been adequately balanced out by other factors (Pope’s interview was enlightening), it’s clear that we’re fishing in pretty decent pools and doing our homework now. I’d think that would be especially true in a longer summer window when Ashworth is involved.

Fair point, I was contrasting the thought of us getting one of the best creative players in the league with a player who appears to be nobodies priority despite being relegated and having a relatively low release clause. 

We do need to be careful though, we can’t afford too many minor upgrades who we can’t flip for a profit later down the line. 

I know I’m a broken record but I fucking hate FFP it’s such a bullshit concept, especially for a league/county which prides itself on competition and often mocks the Americans for a lack of promotion/relegation. 

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think Harrison is a good shout. Basing that purely on thinking that eventually we decide we need to pay over our valuation for someone, and the "fuck it" figure for Harrison is way more manageable than the "fuck it" figure for someone like Maddison. 

Predicting Harrison at around £35m, and then some youngish striker/wide forward from the French league none of us have heard of yet. 

Edited by sushimonster85

At this stage if we can’t land our top targets, I wouldn’t be against us looking at 2 loans and saving the rest of the budget tbh. There are some good deals to be had out there that would improve the squad and help us into a position where we can then go for the better targets again.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Really don't understand the apathy people have towards Cornet. First season in the PL he scored 9 goals in 26 games in a shocking Burnley side. 

Broja... I get the apathy. 

If he was brought in along side Maddison I’d be all for it but If he was the main attacking signing of the summer it’s very underwhelming. To be seriously linked with Diaby, Maddison, Barnes, Harrison and even Paqueta all players who potentially take us closer to the next level to end up with Cornet just isn’t that exciting. 

Edited by gdm

I'm happy that we're competing again. Not going to be disappointed by whoever we sign so long as it's clear we're going in the right direction.

I've thought Harrison all summer and I think that'll be a goer. For the back up striker I think it'll be a new name.

Just now, gdm said:

If he was brought in along side Maddison I’d be all for it but If he was the main attacking signing of the summer it’s very underwhelming. To be seriously linked with Diaby, Maddison, Barnes, Harrison and even Paqueta to end up with Cornet just isn’t that exciting. 

Have you considered that you might just be unhappy? :lol:

Think back to a year ago.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

If he was brought in along side Maddison I’d be all for it but If he was the main attacking signing of the summer it’s very underwhelming. To be seriously linked with Diaby, Maddison, Barnes, Harrison and even Paqueta all players who potentially take us closer to the next level to end up with Cornet just isn’t that exciting. 

I'm prepared to just ride it when the people in charge know what they are doing. We wanted Jeffers and Zenden, got Bellamy and Robert.