Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6.5/10 if we are done for business, our strength last season was in defence and we sign a ‘keeper we didn’t really need and two more defenders and our glaring weakness was squad depth and in attack and we only sign one forward. We identified targets early, but could have a done much more IMO given they had a few months to address the key weak areas of the squad and attack. 

Edited by HTT II

A few extra attacking quality players and I feel we would have been serious contenders for a European place, now we will likely be looking at mid-table, missed opportunities…

WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING WORRYING 

MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY MISSED OPPORTUNITY 

There it's been mentioned enough times so nobody else has to repeat it again. Stfu now and enjoy the season.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

6.5/10 if we are done for business, our strength last season was in defence and we sign a ‘keeper we didn’t really need and two more defenders and our glaring weakness was squad depth and in attack and we only sign one forward. We identified targets early, but could have a done much more IMO given they had a few months to address the key weak areas of the squad and attack. 

Signed 2 of the best young talents in Europe, 6.5/10 is ridiculously harsh.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Have to say that's one of the most glass-half-empty views i've read on here. I give the window an 8/10, we signed some exceptional players, Pope was a big time upgrade on Dubs and we just happen to have landed one of the top young strikers in world football. Compared to a year ago, it's just night and day and the journey is only just getting underway.

All that said, we do lack quality depth and i'm sure that will come.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Aye, we should have stuck with the GK that’s managed about 1 seasons worth of starts over the last 2 seasons. Pope was very much needed. 

And now we are stuck with Darlow as number 2 [emoji38]

Just now, HTT II said:

And now we are stuck with Darlow as number 2 [emoji38]

You just said we signed a GK that we didn’t need so wouldn’t Darlow have still been no.2 if we didn’t sign one? :lol:

Cant expect a keeper that’s been a starter for 5 years here to stick around on the bench either, especially when Man United come in for him.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

6.5/10 man, honestly [emoji38]

Don't get me wrong I'd have liked one or two more but we've added top quality starters at GK, CB and broken our transfer record on a forward who already looks the real deal.

Quality over quantity which is what we need. 8/10 for me. Would have been a 9.5 if we'd signed a wide player too.

If we keep adding players of the age and quality of Botman/Isak every window, even if it's just 1 or 2, it's not going to take us too much longer to build a very strong XI and subs bench.

Wished we got another CM or attacker. But made some quality squad additions.

I'll say it one last time. I wouldn't have minded Burn being first choice LCB if it meant we spent Botman money on an attacker or midfielder. But anyway - we are stacked in defence now. Fro January onwards let's start really adding quality to midfield and attack. Isak is a great start. Bruno was a brilliant move. We've got one of the best managers in the league.

LET'S GET IT.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Have to say that's one of the most glass-half-empty views i've read on here. I give the window an 8/10, we signed some exceptional players, Pope was a big time upgrade on Dubs and we just happen to have landed one of the top young strikers in world football. Compared to a year ago, it's just night and day and the journey is only just getting underway.

We need to stop thinking about a year ago, that mindset needs to be wiped away now, we are a totally different club. Had we pushed the boat out which we certainly haven’t, even considering Botman and Isak, we could have quickened up the ‘project’ by a few years this season. It appears 30m could have had Pedro for example and I get FFP and all that shite, but that’s like hedging your bets, go big or go home.

26 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I know. Great summer, all things considered. But to counter your point slightly: Murphy will start at least 1 PL game before January. Longstaff? Many.

So what man? Most clubs have players they would prefer to improve. I was sitting next to liverpools fans last night and they were booting off with most of their midfield ‘it’s the same every week’ - that’s football. Longstaff and Murphy will be replaced… In time. Chill oot ?

Just now, HTT II said:

We need to stop thinking about a year ago, that mindset needs to be wiped away now, we are a totally different club. Had we pushed the boat out which we certainly haven’t, even considering Botman and Isak, we could have quickened up the ‘project’ by a few years this season. It appears 30m could have had Pedro for example and I get FFP and all that shite, but that’s like hedging your bets, go big or go home.

We’ve spent £200m in two windows while bringing in practically nothing from the outgoings. I’d say the boat was pushed out with Isak 

1 minute ago, Nine said:

You just said we signed a GK that we didn’t need so wouldn’t Darlow have still been no.2 if we didn’t sign one? :lol:

Cant expect a keeper that’s been a starter for 5 years here to stick around on the bench either, especially when Man United come in for him.

We didn’t need him, then we signed him, two good ‘keepers so that’s strength in depth, then we get rid of one. Now we are kind of back to square one, although Pope is the better ‘keeper. Look I’m relatively happy, I’ve said a few times I like our business, but this feels like a bit of a missed opportunity!