Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Reckon we might go back in for someone like Harrison.

If Leeds are still signing players, we might get the green light from them and while some might think we have "moved past" signing someone like Harrison, if our recruitment team like him, their opinion won't have changed overnight.

I'm honestly not sure they are targeting a specific position, I think if someone on their list becomes available, they will make the move happen.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Reckon we might go back in for someone like Harrison.

If Leeds are still signing players, we might get the green light from them and while some might think we have "moved past" signing someone like Harrison, if our recruitment team like him, their opinion won't have changed overnight.

I'm honestly not sure they are targeting a specific position, I think if someone on their list becomes available, they will make the move happen.

100% no to Harrison - not good enough for us 

Howe would get the best out of Maguire and Maguires best is a top 6 player at least IMO.

That said, he's severely damaged goods, on hefty wages and no spring chicken. So it's a no go.

We were linked with Shaw weren't we? Did he ever sign a new contract?

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I don't think theres much improvement from Lascelles with Maguire to be honest. Would be a completely baffling signing considering his age/wages

Either you overrate Lascelles or under rate Maguire.

Either way, I'm not going to advocate us signing Maguire because I don't want him either but he's a markedly better than Lascelles.

Just now, Menace said:

It's neither. You're comparing Maguire at his best by saying he's top 6, but Lascelles at his best wasn't exactly shit under Rafa was he

This ends now. I'm wholly uncomfortable defending Maguire any further.[emoji38]

He’s basically a similar player to what Lascelles is. Both huge lugs that would both have been classed as great players back in the late 80’s or some other time when end to end long balls were the order of business. Both prone to the exact same brain farts that instills panic amongst teammates in todays fast and tactical game. Both have been sussed out however they paid far more for their one so it’ll take them way longer to wash their hands because of the fee involved.

https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/lazio-newcastle-in-pressing-per-milinkovic-savic-ma-il-club-frena-non-e-in-vendita-1778007

“Newcastle are ready to move decisively for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. 60 million to be paid into Lazio coffers, 12 bonus signature for the player plus a salary that could reach 10 million a year. At Formello everyone denies, there is talk of offers never arrived on Tare's desk, but market rumours intrigue and distract. Lotito made it clear that "it is not on the market," but with an agreement expiring in 2024 and the non-renewal, anything is possible. The Pressing of the Premier is therefore returning to close relevance from the parts of the Capital and in the coming days the issue could become hot. To bring it back is Il Messaggero.”