Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

If we do get European football, we will need quite a few bodies through the door. I would expect the club to secure two ‘high-value’ targets e.g. Maddison. Another 3-4 will be more opportunistic, such as from teams who have been relegated or free-agents.

I don’t think Tielemans would succeed in an Eddie Howe team, fine player mind. 

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Given it's looking incredibly likely that we'll be playing in Europe next year, I'd be shocked if we only brought three players in. 

There's a lot of deadwood on our books still out on loan or not good enough in our current squad. Appreciate we can't move on and bring in to high numbers as its not always convenient, but agree with you that three seems not enough to make a squad that competes on a number of fronts.

Edited by hakka

It's going to all depend on what form of European football it is. If it's Europa or Conference I think 3 would be fine. If it's CL I think the only way 3 would work is if they're 3 Bruno/Botman/Isak type signing who are good enough to easily go into the 11 and improve us. 

18 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

You’d think spurs would be purely down to them offering higher wages? They’ll be shit without Kane next season too.

Combined with more likely guaranteed to be first choice.

Arsenal have some pretty solid depth in attack and Balogun is due to come back from loan for next season after tearing up Ligue 1.

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

Based on rumours 

Tierney

CB??

Ugarte

Veiga

Diaby

J Pedro

As good a window as you can ever get tbh

Make that CB Todibo and I’m at half mast 

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If we do get European football, we will need quite a few bodies through the door. I would expect the club to secure two ‘high-value’ targets e.g. Maddison. Another 3-4 will be more opportunistic, such as from teams who have been relegated or free-agents.

I don’t think Tielemans would succeed in an Eddie Howe team, fine player mind. 

But Shelvey did. And so I disagree.

36 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Loftus-Cheek looked an incredible prospect when he first came on the scene, technically superb.

He could and should have developed into a complete midfield player, had injuries and a lack of ambition not stalled his career. 

I still like him better than Gallagher, albeit based on casual observation.  

Tielemens would be class, especially in those home games when we have plenty of the ball. We could move Bruno forward and it would give us two "door openers" in midfield.

In those trickier away games, he could be rotated out for someone more physical.

Home:

Tielemans

Bruno                          Willock

Away:

Bruno

Longstaff             Joelinton 

Loads of options.

I suspect he's got a big contract lined up somewhere though. Probably Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I still like him better than Gallagher, albeit based on casual observation.  

I think Gallagher is nailed on to be playing for us next season.

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It's striking how many of Leicester's players every top half club's supporters are looking forward to signing, given just how shite they are and have been this season.  Tielemans in particular hasn't looked much cop for some time to me.

I'm definitely not as enthusiastic about them as I was.

I actually don't know if lots of existing PL players will be part of our strategy at all.