Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

TBF Netflix only made $7 Billion last year, so unless they fancy going bankrupt, it ain't happening :lol:

You actually think prices would stay the same if they acquired live Premier League football rights?

No ofcourse they wouldnt, they would go up massively, I was more pointing out that they're not going to invest in something that would cost the majority of there yearly revenue :lol:

TBF Netflix only made $7 Billion last year, so unless they fancy going bankrupt, it ain't happening :lol:

You actually think prices would stay the same if they acquired live Premier League football rights?

No ofcourse they wouldnt, they would go up massively, I was more pointing out that they're not going to invest in something that would cost the majority of there yearly revenue :lol:

I thought it was a sarcastic reply to my post, i've read it all wrong :lol:

Guest neesy111

Nick Collins facing redundancy at Sky along with numerous other reporters.

Eh?  Aren't sky making millions in profit?

They are but they have the new tv deal to pay for.  Production budgets have been cut by 30%.

wew, this might be where another company can step in.  Someone like BT.

Plenty has been made about Google and Apple both coming in for the TV rights for the Premier League, which they will do at some point. I do wonder though if Netflix and Amazon may come in for it in order to push on? The sooner either of the 4 companies do, the better in my opinion.

There is little evidence Google and Apple would want to bid on football rights.

Sorry I meant with sport

Ah right

The lowest you can pay to get sports is £47.50, that's not in HD either

Ultimately if people start to turn away from Sky then the prices will have to drop BUT until then it will continue

The problem is as a company it's far too reliant on Premier League football which can't be healthy in the long term

People thought BT entering the market would help BUT actually means if you want to watch all games you end up paying more than before

Guest Howaythetoon

Sky will cease to exist without live Premier League football. Viewing figures are falling because fans in general just aren't as interested these days as its too sanitised, plus people can watch the games freely in pubs and over the web. The cost of the product isn't being reflected by the quality of it either. The product is quite poor in general and not really worth the price.