Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

They're crazy.

Great managers are hard to come by. Manchester United haven't come close to winning the title since Alex Ferguson left; they've qualified for the Champions League once. Maybe they'll finish fourth this year, but I doubt it.

People probably thought the same about Chelsea when they sacked Mourinho last season and now they're cruising to the title

Guest neesy111

They're crazy.

Great managers are hard to come by. Manchester United haven't come close to winning the title since Alex Ferguson left; they've qualified for the Champions League once. Maybe they'll finish fourth this year, but I doubt it.

People probably thought the same about Chelsea when they sacked Mourinho last season and now they're cruising to the title

Chelsea have this ruthless streak where it's either win the title or bust, sets high standards for the club.  Arsenal only standard is for the top 4.

Guest neesy111

Wenger's under obsolutely no pressure from anyone at the club, if your a manager you should be under pressure to perform despite your previous achievements.  Absolutely ridiculous situation that a manager decides his own contract.

Seriously would Man Utd kept faith with Ferguson after 10 years without a title?  I think he would start to be under massive pressure.

The money they've spent over the last 5 years represents the level of competitiveness they've displayed, they are par for the course imo.

The only way they can progress is by spending a lot more to be truly competitive or find a manager who can get that little bit more out of the team.

Reminds me slightly of that Valencia manager. Always finished 3rd/4th - forget his name. Emery? Every season. When you see Atleti punching above their weight or Dortmund - you're close but so far away you want a change to make that step up.

He gets a par every season. Does what you expect but never gets close to really challenging. Liverpool are the team directly below them in terms of finances and they've fought for the title closely twice in the last decade. Spurs as well. Arsenal lose it in Feb.

Wenger's under obsolutely no pressure from anyone at the club, if your a manager you should be under pressure to perform despite your previous achievements.  Absolutely ridiculous situation that a manager decides his own contract.

Seriously would Man Utd kept faith with Ferguson after 10 years without a title?  I think he would start to be under massive pressure.

s*** comparison though. Man Utd over the last decade have been the 1st/2nd/3rd most wealthy team in the country. Rarely sell their best players. Last time they won the league they bought Arsenals best player to do so. Arsenal's goalie is Chelsea's backup. Arsenal have had some of their top players go to City, Chelsea & Man Utd. That never happens the other way.

I think the Arsenal fans problem is that they don't challenge seriously for the league. Rather than win it.

Guest neesy111

When was the last time Arsenal sold one of their best players?

Van Persie.  Sold Vermaelen to barcelona, but wouldn't consider him one of their best players at that time.

They're crazy.

Don't think anyone thought Chelsea could do worse than last season like

I'm just not very comfortable with the assumed knowledge other clubs' fans seem to have of Arsenal. After so many years of 4th and not progressing, you can see exactly why people want a change. The fact Wenger has been a legendary manager shouldnt be used as a reason not to change; likewise I don't think the vast majority of anti-Wenger fans are being vindictive. I'm sure they know all too well what Wenger has done for them.

Pundits like Neville, while articulate in their point, are obviously going to get on the wick of passionate fans when he essentially says they should be happy with their lot.

They're crazy.

Well no but that wasn't my point. Some  thought they shouldn't sack Mourinho because they won't get anyone better yet they're doing more than alright now

Its frustrating watching Arsenal fail in the exact same way every year from an outsiders pov can't imagine what it must be like from a fans pov. Sure they qualify for the champions league but really beyond bank balance whats the fucking point when they never come close to competing in it.

They're crazy.

Well no but that wasn't my point. Some  thought they shouldn't sack Mourinho because they won't get anyone better yet they're doing more than alright now

Did people really think that when they were near the relegation zone last season?

Guest neesy111

I'm guessing what is frustrating arsenal fans the most is the predictability of what happens to them in big games etc without the hope it might change.

They're crazy.

Did people really think that when they were near the relegation zone last season?

Well some of their fans for a start weren't too pleased about Jose leaving

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-banners-brand-costa-fabregas-and-hazard-rats-as-fans-react-angrily-to-mourinho-sacking-a3141106.html

When was the last time Arsenal sold one of their best players?

Van Persie.  Sold Vermaelen to barcelona, but wouldn't consider him one of their best players at that time.

That's what, five years ago? Don't think you can say selling players is a reason they are not winning the PL then.

They're crazy.

Well some of their fans for a start weren't too pleased about Jose leaving

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-banners-brand-costa-fabregas-and-hazard-rats-as-fans-react-angrily-to-mourinho-sacking-a3141106.html

That's not because they thought nobody else would do better though

Guest firetotheworks

It's purely signings with Wenger, but it's obviously his biggest weakness, and a huge weakness at that. I think he gets performances that are far above and beyond the collective pool of talent that he has at his disposal, but the lack of talent is his own fault. If they had a team that had Sanchez/Ozil level quality at central midfield and centre back, I think they'd be serious, serious contenders, but he still persists with the same technically gifted, mentally and physically weak players who just don't have what it takes, even with Wenger coaching them. I just don't get it like, I never will.

Guest neesy111

It's purely signings with Wenger, but it's obviously his biggest weakness, and a huge weakness at that. I think he gets performances that are far above and beyond the collective pool of talent that he has at his disposal, but the lack of talent is his own fault. If they had a team that had Sanchez/Ozil level quality at central midfield and centre back, I think they'd be serious, serious contenders, but he still persists with the same technically gifted, mentally and physically weak players who just don't have what it takes, even with Wenger coaching them. I just don't get it like, I never will.

They'd be top now if they signed Kante imo.

Guest neesy111

They should replace Wenger with someone like Simeone to challenge for the title imo.

I think Klopp would have been a good fit.

As Man Utd found when replacing Fergie, continuing a dynasty isn't easy.

I think he'd take a helluva lot of replacing personally. Even with these so called 'super-coaches' such as Klopp and Pep, they haven't found it easy in our football to date.

I think he's earned the right to leave on his terms given what he's done for that club.

As Man Utd found when replacing Fergie, continuing a dynasty isn't easy.

I think he'd take a helluva lot of replacing personally. Even with these so called 'super-coaches' such as Klopp and Pep, they haven't found it easy in our football to date.

I think he's earned the right to leave on his terms given what he's done for that club.

difference is Fergie was winning the league right to the end Wenger is nowhere near winning the league.