Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

'They are places where debate and dissent are fermented, and show just how divided opinion can be even within a group of people who, when it comes to football, are meant to be singing from the same hymn sheet'

looks like they had a look here. :lol:

Guest neesy111

They are spot on about Neville.  You can see fans in general are getting bored of pundits on TV now and don't rate their views much.

Gary Neville has agreed to go on Arsenal Fan TV.

Looks like that Ty fella had some bother with Chelsea fans on the weekend. Actually felt quite sorry for him seeing this:

https://youtu.be/TQe0ST6t2Aw

Why are people such dickheads man?

I'm all for having a laugh but what entertainment do you get from doing that?

It's just mob mentality I think? Saw a fuckload of Oxford fans carrying on like that at a couple Newcastle fans after the cup game the other week. No decent crack or witty songs, just repeated abuse because they're heavily outnumbering the opposition fans therefore they can. What a way to live your life.

what exactly did Neville say beyond general disdain for it? Angry at people wanting Wenger out?

He said it's embarrassing, particularly the animosity and vitriol Arsenal fans on it have for Arsene Wenger. I think it was his tone and manner in which he dismissed it more than anything that's annoyed a few people. It was as if he was telling people how to support their club and disregarding fans' opinions as less important than pundits.

Neville was basically saying ok let's assume arsenal shift wenger, who's coming in and what are they expecting? Do they think there's a manager out there who'll deliver a title within a few seasons? Tell me who is a potential better option than the bloke they have now, who's teams have played brilliant football for two decades. No title in how long? Wenger has consistently finished in the top four challenging SAF, in years gone by, and two clubs with nigh on unlimited budgets. Again, who do they think would have done a better job, or potentially could do?

Tbh I thought he was bang on.

I think Arsenal Fan TV is embarrassing and cringey and I would hate our club to have a version but I don't agree that Neville should be criticising some Arsenal fans for wanting Wenger to leave.

Arsenal clearly need a change because they've been doing the exact same thing in the league for about a decade. I can barely remember the last time they genuinely contested for the title, must be over 10 years

Neville was basically saying ok let's assume arsenal shift wenger, who's coming in and what are they expecting? Do they think there's a manager out there who'll deliver a title within a few seasons? Tell me who is a potential better option than the bloke they have now, who's teams have played brilliant football for two decades. No title in how long? Wenger has consistently finished in the top four challenging SAF, in years gone by, and two clubs with nigh on unlimited budgets. Again, who do they think would have done a better job, or potentially could do?

Hmm yeah but Neville has also been live on Sky in the past year tearing Wenger limb from limb, he said Wenger's made a '10 year continuous string of errors'. So because he's looking at the situation from an objective perspective he's happy to analyse Wenger's performance and say he consistently made errors over the last decade, but ultimately Arsenal's fortunes are neither here nor there to him. He won't call for Wenger's sacking because he's not emotionally invested like Arsenal fans are, and it feels like a drastic thing to say.

I also think the majority of Arsenal fans that want Wenger out recognise what he's done for the club and consider him a legend, they just think he's come to the end of the line and can't take them any further.

Anyways his comments have been blown out of proportion. FWIW apparently ArsenalFanTV got around 3 million views this weekend which is more than Sky? Could be bullshit though dunno

Not many people heard of Wenger before he arrived. Sheeesh.

Guest palnese

I think Arsenal fans are right to want Wenger gone. He's done a fantastic job overall, but I think they're desperate for some new blood.

What's the point in finishing in the top 4 every year if you're not going to push on? For the last decade it's been pretty much rinse and repeat every year, bar a cup win or two. Don't think that's good enough.

Arsenal are never going to go beyond what they've already achieved with Wenger so I think their fans are completely fair enough in wanting a change. Some of his line-ups in the league are just stupid as well. All of their goals, bar Sanchez, were on the bench at the weekend. Can imagine it's infuriating as a fan.