Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

As if Mo Salah's won the FIFA goal of the year for his goal against Everton, better than Bale's apparently. :lol:

As soon as 5Live said it had been a public vote, I knew they would read out a Liverpool winner. That club is so odd, they've got more online bots then the fucking Russians.

Guest firetotheworks

Bale's wasn't even nominated was it? I thought Ronaldo's (still better than Salah's) was the CL inclusion?

Arsenal used to be terrible for the online voting thing, they used to win any public vote on Sky and MOTD.

Modric also won player of the year. Ronaldo for me, like. He had a wonderful World Cup but let's be real, he's a cog in that team.

I think it's good that another player in that team won it. 4 CL's in 3 years and only one player wins the top solo award. It's an all-time great TEAM.

Some effort

At least a buy-back clause would put the ball in the player's court since they have the right of refusal to resign with the "parent" club. Prove themselves at another club and their options open up.

Loan rules going to change at some point.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45643965

Be interested to see the workaround. Surely be City style football groups or buy back clauses being inserted all over the place a la Madrid?

I'd like to see football clubs limited to 30 or 35 players over the age of 18 or 20 on the clubs books at any one time - including players on loan.

If they have over the limit, players can be bought out of their contract by other clubs to the value of the remaining contract (eg 3 years on a 2m p/a contract can be bought for 6m).

Tbh I don't think the loan system is that bad. It's only Chelsea that really abuse it for profit.

Real Madrid use the buy-back thing for their actual first team. Carvajal, Morata and Moriano were sold to potentially come back and become proper first team players. Chelsea have no intent on these lads making it at their club - to their own detriment too.

Chelsea would do well to let their young players replace the likes of Fabregas, Cahill, Willian and Pedro who are around that 30 mark.

But instead it seems like they would rather buy in. Instead of letting that Gullit looking lad play instead of Cahill they bought Rudiger. Instead of pushing RLC they bought Drinkwater and Barkley. Such a disgusting club.

I've said it before but it's a lack of game time that is ruining these young players.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is almost 23 years old. He hasn't made 50 club appearances yet. Frank Lampard had over 100 appearances by 23.

Look at international players of a similar age who are French, German and Spanish and they've played way more top-level games than most of their English counterparts bar Sterling and Alli.