Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

what does it matter you're from liverpool and the game is in kiev or NYC?

One's £80 return and the other's about £750 return? :lol:

way to cut out the rest of my post that made the exact same point :thup:

Why did you ask why it matters and say that you don't care then? Why are you aggressively agreeing that it's a shit idea? :lol:

Why did you ask why it matters and say that you don't care then? Why are you aggressively agreeing that it's a shit idea? :lol:

aggressively?  :lol:

what i thought was obvious from my post was that in the sense of an away day going to kyev/istanbul/rome or wherever vs. new york or san francisco or something is neither here nor there...you'd have a class time

the problems, again obviously, are logistical and financial...which i mentioned and you decided to ignore for some reason

Guest firetotheworks

aggressively?  :lol:

what i thought was obvious from my post was that in the sense of an away day going to kyev/istanbul/rome or wherever vs. new york or san francisco or something is neither here nor there...you'd have a class time

the problems, again obviously, are logistical and financial...which i mentioned and you decided to ignore for some reason

I'm not being totally serious like, just messing about.

What I mean is, you agree that it's a logistical and financial nightmare for fans, so you've answered your own question about what difference it makes.:lol: I think I get what you mean though, money and logistics aside they're both two great places to visit.

Looks like a third European club competition will be on its way in 2021 - used to like the old cup winners cup - suppose you can’t have that now as all the big teams generally win them now

Hmm, can we not do that?

From the article:

It is more likely that it will be a Champions League-lite, with entry limited to teams from Europe’s weaker national leagues.

That's pretty crap. I mean, the EL needs reform with less teams and more meaningful games and rewards, but if UEFA's answer is to kick out the teams from minor leagues to a shithouse third-tier competition...

The more clubs getting to play in Europe the better. Its vital that these teams from smaller countries are given the chance to qualify for the Europa or CL but I think its a canny idea for teams knocked out of Europa/CL qualifying if that's what its for. There would have to be big financial rewards for these clubs though and not sure if that would be possible as viewership would probably be limited

The more clubs getting to play in Europe the better. Its vital that these teams from smaller countries are given the chance to qualify for the Europa or CL but I think its a canny idea for teams knocked out of Europa/CL qualifying if that's what its for. There would have to be big financial rewards for these clubs though and not sure if that would be possible as viewership would probably be limited

Agreed.

Some big differences in this lot! West Ham  :kasper: good job the mackems aren't in the Premier League  :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45158878?

What we found - the headlines

West Ham:  Newham council says the average attendance at West Ham was 42,779 based on the 12 games it attended - which is 12,530 fans fewer than the club's season average figure of 55,309.

Manchester City:  Greater Manchester Police's average figures were 7,482 lower than club figures, again based on 12 games.

Southampton:  Hampshire Police figures were an average of 4,246 fans lower than figures issued by the club.

Tottenham:  Brent Council says crowds at Wembley Stadium were on average 3,740 less than the club's stated numbers.

Chelsea:  Hammersmith and Fulham council says its average was 3,505 fans lower than club numbers, based on six games.

Watford:  Hertfordshire Police says its average was 2,602 fans fewer than club figures, based on four games.

Manchester United:  Trafford Council and Greater Manchester Police both said United's published attendance figures matched its own, based on 12 games.

Some big differences in this lot! West Ham  :kasper: good job the mackems aren't in the Premier League  :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/45158878?

What we found - the headlines

West Ham:  Newham council says the average attendance at West Ham was 42,779 based on the 12 games it attended - which is 12,530 fans fewer than the club's season average figure of 55,309.

Manchester City:  Greater Manchester Police's average figures were 7,482 lower than club figures, again based on 12 games.

Southampton:  Hampshire Police figures were an average of 4,246 fans lower than figures issued by the club.

Tottenham:  Brent Council says crowds at Wembley Stadium were on average 3,740 less than the club's stated numbers.

Chelsea:  Hammersmith and Fulham council says its average was 3,505 fans lower than club numbers, based on six games.

Watford:  Hertfordshire Police says its average was 2,602 fans fewer than club figures, based on four games.

Manchester United:  Trafford Council and Greater Manchester Police both said United's published attendance figures matched its own, based on 12 games.

Surely that is bullshit, no way is Old Trafford full to capacity each week.

So as of this moment the 'nays' are the players, the fans, the Spanish FA, the Spanish government, FIFA and CONCACAF.

Don't think this one's a winner :lol:

I admire the brass neck of La Liga to have not bothered consulting literally anybody before announcing it

So as of this moment the 'nays' are the players, the fans, the Spanish FA, the Spanish government, FIFA and CONCACAF.

Don't think this one's a winner :lol:

I admire the brass neck of La Liga to have not bothered consulting literally anybody before announcing it

I think they wanted to show a fait accompli expecting it would make everybody fall in line.

We'll see what happens at the end. The clubs do want it. The FPA and the FA can be bought, if those agree the government will probably then stay clear.