Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Ronaldo rape case reopened

Got the potential to get very acrimonious.  No way it'll lead to a conviction, way too much time has passed and it sounds like Ronaldo is going to fight back rather than try and settle. Might also turn into another mass trial by social media which never looks good for anyone and usually ends in the twitterati offering everyone out on the internet.  Bad times ahead, especially noting the potential for a backlash against the #metoo movement.

Called it, but didn't think it would happen on here.  Nowt like a good rape accusation to get people at each others' throats like.  :lol:

I won't be wasting my time on group of people that are so hell bent on pleasing each other to the point they can't critically assess each other's posts in order to avoid the awkward situation of hurting their friend's feelings.

Awww, bless you all.

I won't be wasting my time on group of people that are so hell bent on pleasing each other to the point they can't critically assess each other's posts in order to avoid the awkward situation of hurting their friend's feelings.

Awww, bless you all.

BINGO!

As a bystander I feel like I'm back in the playground and should be pushing Dinho into the other kids to try and start a fight.

Dinho - they said your mam is fat - go and knock them out!

They allegedly said his mam was fat.

Guest Howaythetoon

Did this lass fight Ronaldo off? Or was she too drunk/drugged up? The reason I ask is because a few of these allegations against the famous and powerful don’t seem to involve any physical demonstrations of saying no or stop. I’m not downplaying things or saying these people are liars or anything, if someone says no or stop even if they first consented to sex, you must respect that person’s wishes otherwise it’s an act of rape or violence. I’m just thinking of how I’d react and people I know if someone tried to force themselves onto me/theming a physically threatening way, sexual or otherwise. As such, sadly and it’s probably my own ignorance here, I find it hard to believe a lot of these allegations, especially when celebs or footballers are involved. Ronaldo though, if he did rape someone... innocent until proven guilty though!

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a great discussion. Nothing has changed.

Clough man, he was so switched on. It’s sad that today our football clubs are still in the doldrums and unable to compete.