Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

The soccer all-star game is always a torrid affair but in other sports (mostly baseball and basketball) it’s quite good. Offers a nice little mid season break for a lot of players too. It also raises the profile for a lot of the fringe-team players so ie: players like ASM would get a run out from us and it helps pull the spotlight our (and his) way a bit. 

I wouldn’t be wholly against the concept of it out of hand but it would have to be done the right way for it to be useful/successful. Especially if the $$ it brought in was used for helping out the football pyramid. 

Get out 

An 'all star' game would be absolutely shite. Meaningless friendly that neither clubs, players or fans give a single fuck about. 

Some kind of relegation playoff might be feasible but certainly not involving the cunts finishing 20th with still a shout in staying up. 

The real issue is the fact that most top division football leagues are stupidly uncompetitive. Same teams winning the leagues year on year aside from the very odd upset. We're in September and its obviously clear that Man City are going to win the league for what will be the 5th time in 6 years. Its utterly fucking boring.  

For all the negative wank associated with our lot at least they keep their undoubtedly shite views in house. Come back when you’re not seen as a bit of a laughing stock, (checks notes) Todd (checks hairline) Baldy.

It’s just a bit odd though, football is the biggest global sport by an enormous margin and the premier league is the most successful league out of any sport worldwide right? I understand why people come up with daft shite like the hundred in cricket because it’s struggling but why try to come up with loads of new ideas for something that’s working? The reason the football pyramid is fucked financially is down to rampant capitalism, not some flaw in the system 

Make those Europe XI vs World XI happen more regularly, we'd all love it. Except we should also name it "Soccer All-Star Weekend Presented By Travelocity" so you spontaneously combust.

Edited by thomas

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s just a bit odd though, football is the biggest global sport by an enormous margin and the premier league is the most successful league out of any sport worldwide right? I understand why people come up with daft shite like the hundred in cricket because it’s struggling but why try to come up with loads of new ideas for something that’s working? The reason the football pyramid is fucked financially is down to rampant capitalism, not some flaw in the system 

Agents and players taking far too much money out of the game

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s not actually fucked though, it’s thriving at grassroots level, don’t be fooled by cunts like this Chelsea owner who mention helping the football pyramid, he can, again, get to fuck. 

32 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Love how triggered and unnecessarily rattled people get when the traditions of football are challenged by new ideas, whether good or bad :lol:

What good ideas has there been recently? Other than the common sense ones like goalline technology

Stuff like all star games, relegation playoffs, playing games abroad are all rubbish ideas

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Love how triggered and unnecessarily rattled people get when the traditions of football are challenged by new ideas, whether good or bad :lol:

Probably those of us who are aware of and have seen the destructive consequences of the ignoring of perfectly good traditions.  The PL breakaway with its rampant money-chasing and subsequent damage to the rest of the FL; the wholly wanton and unnecessary destruction of the pre-eminence of the FA Cup; the stop-start (and often wrong) shite that VAR has brought about; and so on and so forth.

The new back pass law and three points for a win were good ideas though.

You guys hold so many things so bloody dear to your hearts in terms of traditions in football “because it’s the way it’s always been” yet also are some remarkably progressive socially and in terms of caring for your own. Makes me laugh so much. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

You guys hold so many things so bloody dear to your hearts in terms of traditions in football “because it’s the way it’s always been” yet also are some remarkably progressive socially and in terms of caring for your own. Makes me laugh so much. 

Yep, I'm a football conservative but that's the only sphere of life that I am :)

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

'Bob Lord was right'

“how dare you want all games available to streaming service, you digital age cunt”

but what if I’m a Newcastle fan living in a different city and I can’t make the games because im caring for a sick family member. 

“find a way to get there or follow online.”

*meanwhile some of you stream it illegally.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

“how dare you want all games available to streaming service, you digital age cunt”

but what if I’m a Newcastle fan living in a different city and I can’t make the games because im caring for a sick family member. 

“find a way to get there or follow online.”

*meanwhile some of you stream it illegally.

I live in Sydney these days tbf - I'm all for televised games :)

But the priority should be the match-going fan - they shouldn't be expected to travel at stupid times to hard-to-reach locations; also, the fixture list (i.e. days and times) when produced should be fixed at least four months in advance.  It is truly shocking how short a notice the TV companies can give to people who've taken time off work and stumped-up their hard-earned cash. 

Yank Imbecile has been here 5 minutes, doesn't even know anything about the club he's bought and is proposing ideas to change our league already? :lol:

Anytime one of these daft owners come up with a bright idea that will 'help the football pyramid in the country' you can pretty much guarantee that's the exact opposite of what they are planning.