Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Aye a spectacular or an epic I could go with. But it can only be moderately thrilling if the hosts are 4-2 up after 70 minutes and they get the next and final goal surely. Might have been an amazing game I suppose

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The ref from the Wimbledon - Newcastle game when Vinny Jones grabbed Gazza's knackers is on Antiques Roadshow. Brought in a signed photo of the incident which was valued at 1-3k :lol: 

Just saw that. I think Gazza wrote something like "Thanks now I've lost my family allowance"

Great bit of nostalgia.

On 03/09/2022 at 18:38, Barnes23 said:

FbuDCjwXkAE13qh?format=jpg&name=medium

:lol: Easy to laugh but we clearly didn't rate him either. 5m would have killed three windows but we would have made 10 of those back when we flogged him asap.

8 hours ago, Sean said:

I guess this has probably already been posted somewhere:

Looks like an honest mistake to me [emoji38]

Tbf that could've been one of those rare occasions a team forfeits a goal because of a monumental ref cock up af the other end. 

Has a whiff of that. 

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

I read it's being investigated by the authorities and the players involved have been sacked by the club [emoji38]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62813379

Haha. Rare occasion when I was trying to see the good in people instead of my usual negative grumpy bastard outlook. 

That's me bent back into my originally bent oot of shape, er, shape 😜

Good watch. Ignore the thumbnail, more about general stuff. They talk about Pochettino at the end, Gary Neville says he won't go to Villa or Leicester if they sack their managers as he 'will wait for a top 6 job or Newcastle'. Us being counted in a top 7, has it begun? :lol:

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Good watch. Ignore the thumbnail, more about general stuff. They talk about Pochettino at the end, Gary Neville says he won't go to Villa or Leicester if they sack their managers as he 'will wait for a top 6 job or Newcastle'. Us being counted in a top 7, has it begun? :lol:

Big presumption that Howe is only here for the next couple of years. I know it is a results business, but I can see him growing with us. Getting the additional experience, Neville’s imagining we’ll go shopping for, as he goes. If the relationships with ‘the grown-ups’ upstairs stay good, he’ll be here for a long time. 

32 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Big presumption that Howe is only here for the next couple of years. I know it is a results business, but I can see him growing with us. Getting the additional experience, Neville’s imagining we’ll go shopping for, as he goes. If the relationships with ‘the grown-ups’ upstairs stay good, he’ll be here for a long time. 

My worry there is if England come a calling after the world cup.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

My worry there is if England come a calling after the world cup.

I'm not worried in the slightest he'd leave us for the England job. I trust he has much more sense than to do something so silly

Edited by Sean