João Pedro

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not sure it does? Andy Cole scored 20 goals in 41 games for Bristol City. Practically a 1 in 2 striker. That’s real potential. How is that in any way comparable to Joao Pedro who some people have watched and not rated. 

Pedro is a good young player with great potential. So was Andy Cole when we bought him. Pedro has done it in the premier league. People are moaning about him being a target when they should be excited at buying a player who looks like developing into a cracking player. Does that clear it up captain pedantic? 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Ah, right! Yeah, that is the key bit because they went to both Everton and Leeds and produced right away, despite not showing anywhere near that kind of production previously.

And what about all the shit that Everton bought that got them in the financial mess they’re in?  They basically threw loads of shit and one log stuck so let’s not go banging on about their business model just yet.

8 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Pedro is a good young player with great potential. So was Andy Cole when we bought him. Pedro has done it in the premier league. People are moaning about him being a target when they should be excited at buying a player who looks like developing into a cracking player. Does that clear it up captain pedantic? 

It’s being pedantic. Your point was just shite. It wasn’t comparable even the slightest. As someone said Bellamy is a decent comparison. 

and you say Pedro ‘did it’ in the Premier League. What is ‘it’ - it’s not score consistently that’s for sure 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s being pedantic. Your point was just shite. It wasn’t comparable even the slightest. As someone said Bellamy is a decent comparison. 

and you say Pedro ‘did it’ in the Premier League. What is ‘it’ - it’s not score consistently that’s for sure 

He’d done it more than Andy Cole had. You can fucking nitpick all you like, but the OP was in response to the knacka complaining about buying players with potential. If we were buying a relative unknown like Andy Cole he’d be fucking moaning about that too. Except Andy Cole was a paradigm shifting player for us. Pedro might be too, but he might be as much use as tits on a fish. Worth the punt. 

13 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

He’d done it more than Andy Cole had. You can fucking nitpick all you like, but the OP was in response to the knacka complaining about buying players with potential. If we were buying a relative unknown like Andy Cole he’d be fucking moaning about that too. Except Andy Cole was a paradigm shifting player for us. Pedro might be too, but he might be as much use as tits on a fish. Worth the punt. 

This is the point tho people have watched Pedro and made up their own opinion of him. You are basically telling these people that their opinion is wrong. :lol:  Let people think what they want about him. If people rate him that’s absolutely fine by me, my mind and opinion can be changed. It isn’t set in stone. It’s absolutely ok to be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Sarr's not in their squad tonight? I guess they're getting close with Leeds or Palace.

Edit: Minor hamstring thing apparently.

It's always that or a calf strain 

1 hour ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Calling people bed wetters for holding a different opinion is boring craic. 

Not to mention I've barely seen any posts slating the (potential) signing. At most some have said it is a down grade in quality from those previously targeted (Isaak, Diaby) and that is true.

It’s the same everyday. This is a great post. 

Richarlison was held in high regard after his spell at Watford. He cost Everton what, £40m 4 or 5 years ago? Hardly an unknown. 

Never heard of Raphinha before Leeds but it was clear within 2 months that he was a cut above. I remember he was in my FPL team when Leeds smacked us up and he scored. 

I rate JP from what I’ve seen. Fancy him way more than Dennis as a player. 

1 hour ago, gdm said:

This is the point tho people have watched Pedro and made up their own opinion of him. You are basically telling these people that their opinion is wrong. :lol:  Let people think what they want about him. If people rate him that’s absolutely fine by me, my mind and opinion can be changed. It isn’t set in stone. It’s absolutely ok to be wrong. 

I’m not telling anybody they are wrong. I’m disagreeing with their opinion and providing an example to offer a different perspective. And I don’t see any of them getting their knickers in a twist. 

21 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I’m not telling anybody they are wrong. I’m disagreeing with their opinion and providing an example to offer a different perspective. And I don’t see any of them getting their knickers in a twist. 

“People are moaning about him being a target when they should be excited at buying a player who looks like developing into a cracking player”

sounds like you are telling people what they ‘should be’ here and forcing your opinion on them. And also calling someone a ‘knacka’ because they don’t follow your way of thinking and opinions.  Come on 

Edited by gdm

27 minutes ago, gdm said:

“People are moaning about him being a target when they should be excited at buying a player who looks like developing into a cracking player”

sounds like you are telling people what they ‘should be’ here and forcing your opinion on them. And also calling someone a ‘knacka’ because they don’t follow your way of thinking and opinions.  Come on 

You have a low threshold for force. 
and yeah, given the last decade and a half, people should be extremely pleased with the last two transfer windows comparatively and in context. The bloke whinging that we are looking at players like Pedro needs to his head a wobble. No apologies for pointing that out.