João Pedro

Have faith people, reckon we will get Joao Pedro and at least one more. Still bags of time to sort things out. I really don't understand people stressing about what's happening at the club right now; absolutely miles away from a year ago. How good is it to have optimism for a change? This is only the start of a long journey :indi:

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Think we’ve reached the bottom of our target list with this kid. If that’s who the club want and get then fair enough. Hope he does well and proves me wrong 

Getting in to 13th choice and Bruce territory. Luckily he's at the start of his career and lots to offer going forward. Right now though, I'm not sure what he does for us.

I'm totally on board with not paying above what we think is fair value in either transfer fee or wages, Hollywood signings on insane money would leave us in the same situation as Man U. 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

7 goals from open play in 33 starts last season. Hardly setting the world alight

We have supposedly bid half that from someone with 3 goals last season. It’s the market we are in now unfortunately where big prices are the norm.

10 hours ago, gdm said:

Merson is a clown but i really don’t get what people see in Pedro. Aye he’s tidy but as a striker he’s just not that good tbh 

He doesn't watch much non-English football so does the usual stereotype thing. His quotes on KDB or Yaya Toure when they joined City were from a place of ignorance for example.

But when he actually watches a player and pays attention - his takes are usually spot on.

The types of fees we want to pay for players are only reputable if the selling club are keen or desperate to sell.

Like Botman and Ekitike's clubs would have sold him them for cheaper than we offered. Pope & Targett - both clubs happy to cash-in.

Now we are trying to sign players clubs would much prefer to keep and we are struggling to get deals done. I think a Chelsea player is inevitable because they are actually keen to get rid and we could get a favourable deal.

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

You have to wonder how much of this is us trying to get a player we want and how much of it is showing off and hammering home that we won't go beyond our valuation of a player.

Yup, we'll eventually pull the trigger on the players we really want, but the message has been sent home all summer right up to the end of the window.

The recruitment team are out here playing Chess, while over emotional fans with nervous dispositions cry, complain and soil their bed sheets.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

The types of fees we want to pay for players are only reputable if the selling club are keen or desperate to sell.

Like Botman and Ekitike's clubs would have sold him them for cheaper than we offered. Pope & Targett - both clubs happy to cash-in.

Now we are trying to sign players clubs would much prefer to keep and we are struggling to get deals done. I think a Chelsea player is inevitable because they are actually keen to get rid and we could get a favourable deal.

The wages will be the issue with any Chelsea player 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

The wages will be the issue with any Chelsea player 

Yep. I really rate CHO, and would love to have him, but the fact he has never really established himself in that side and yet is somehow on 150k a week is mind blowing to me. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Yep. I really rate CHO, and would love to have him, but the fact he has never really established himself in that side and yet is somehow on 150k a week is mind blowing to me. 

Has he not also got deep lying I just concerns ?? Sure I read he has some sort of weird injury that affects him ?

Also arrived back at Pre season overweight 

no thanks