Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

He makes some poor decisions. PSG, where you fail if you don’t win the CL. Chelsea. And now this, which seems like a no win scenario.

He won’t consider the downside. This feels like a no lose for him. Barring disaster in 2026 he could have this job for at least six years if he wants (and the many millions that will come with it). If he does anything of note he’ll be a success; if he fails he can fall back into club management with a million pre-written excuses.

US gig should be highly desirable with the home World Cup coming up, can see why he took it. No lose scenario for Poch IMO, if they do badly it's easy to dismiss as USMNT usually does badly but a decent tournament would be massive for his profile in the USA.

3 hours ago, Pata said:

US gig should be highly desirable with the home World Cup coming up, can see why he took it. No lose scenario for Poch IMO, if they do badly it's easy to dismiss as USMNT usually does badly but a decent tournament would be massive for his profile in the USA.

Which gets him what exactly? The opportunity to do aftershave commercials with Landon Donovan?

They moved it to out by Midway. It looks like a fucking disaster to get to (and probably why I won’t go this year). No more L unless you want to get off and walk around Midway :lol: 

I may be coming for fan fest though. I have a few free places to stay. 

Edited by cubaricho

Just now, cubaricho said:

They moved it to out by Midway. It looks like a fucking disaster to get to. No more L unless you want to get off and walk around Midway :lol: 

They moved it back to Douglass Park the other day :lol:

https://abc7chicago.com/post/riot-fest-2024-returning-chicago-douglass-park-after-music-festival-reverses-move-seatgeek-stadium-bridgeview/15186498/

I know the Red Stars have a game at the stadium that weekend, might've been a problem 

Just now, Ameritoon said:

They moved it back to Douglass Park the other day :lol:

https://abc7chicago.com/post/riot-fest-2024-returning-chicago-douglass-park-after-music-festival-reverses-move-seatgeek-stadium-bridgeview/15186498/

I know the Red Stars have a game at the stadium that weekend, might've been a problem 

Oh hell yeah. I always thought Douglass Park was good and it seemed like most of the neighborhood liked it, except for the rich white people. :lol: 

On 15/08/2024 at 13:08, Kimbo said:

He makes some poor decisions. PSG, where you fail if you don’t win the CL. Chelsea. And now this, which seems like a no win scenario.

He finished the season really strongly with Chelsea, and their numbers had been strong basically all season. 

He'd have had them up and about the top this season if they weren't such a batshit club.