Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Fast-paced first half. Couple of thoughts:

- Altidore has improved tremendously since joining AZ. Best player of the first half.

- Evans is getting burned down the right. I'd consider switching him out for Cameron and bringing-on Holden or Kljestan at CM.

Fast-paced first half. Couple of thoughts:

- Altidore has improved tremendously since joining AZ. Best player of the first half.

- Evans is getting burned down the right. I'd consider switching him out for Cameron and bringing-on Holden or Kljestan at CM.

Was pleasantly surprised with his performance tonight.

We look a side now with a genuine striker up front in Jozy. I've been so critical of him as he's all the tools to be a really good player for our national side. He sometimes looks unplayable (Confeds Cup) and then looks clueless. He looks a man reborn and the side looks transformed with him playing the striking role with Dempsey in and around doing his thing.

What has happened to Mexico?

They can't gel at all and they're not scoring. Only conceded 2 goals in 5 WCQ matches, but they've yet to win a single game at the Azteca, where they should be annihilating other teams.

Was talking to a Mexican fan at the bar during the US/Jamaica game, he said they basically have no apparently style of play and look like eleven guys as opposed to a team. Pretty much exactly what it looked like last night.

Was talking to a Mexican fan at the bar during the US/Jamaica game, he said they basically have no apparently style of play and look like eleven guys as opposed to a team. Pretty much exactly what it looked like last night.

Now I wish I'd posted "They've never met" like I was gonna so I'd look all smart and analytical now.

We look a side now with a genuine striker up front in Jozy. I've been so critical of him as he's all the tools to be a really good player for our national side. He sometimes looks unplayable (Confeds Cup) and then looks clueless. He looks a man reborn and the side looks transformed with him playing the striking role with Dempsey in and around doing his thing.

The lesson? Get the fuck out of the fucking MLS, promising players.