Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I thought the same thing last night, he really is just a German Pardew. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but that changed last summer and he's done nothing to covince me otherwise. I know we have injuries and some talent with the U23 team, but that lineup last night was awful. How does Diskerud even merit a place in the squad let alone start in a two man midfield with Bradley (who has only regressed since coming to MLS), how did he think that would work? And Omar Gonzalez too, dude was completely out of the national team picture for a while before he had a few decent games in Mexico and suddenly he's starting in a qualifier next to Orozco, who can't even get a game in Liga MX? It's all so shit.

I'm continually stupefied by how JK can't get it right at CB, which is arguably our deepest position. With Brooks and Besler out, it's gotta be Gonzalez and Cameron on Tuesday. I like the Brooks-Gonzalez combo over the next year or two, with Gonzalez eventually giving way to Miazga (assuming he doesn't regress at all, not totally out of the question given that he seems unlikely to get regular minutes with Chelsea anytime soon). Cameron and Besler shading them. And that's not even mentioning Birnbaum, who I think could be a very good player, and guys in the pipeline like Cam Carter-Vickers and Tim Parker. Fucking ridiculous that Orozco even merits a call-up, let alone a start.

Time to end the Bradley-as-CAM nonsense as well. He's the best holding midfielder in the pool and it makes no sense to play him in a more attacking role if you're gonna leave Nguyen and Nagbe on the bench in favor of playing Mix Diskerud (or Jones, or Beckerman) as a holding mid. Phase out the fossils and start bringing the likes of Danny Williams, Trapp, and Kitchen through if you want another DM in the squad (all of whom can actually run). A full-strength midfield 4 sees Fab Johnson left, Nagbe right, Nguyen forward, and Bradley holding IMO.

Yedlin at RB for christsakes. He's not a winger, nobody but Klinsmann thinks he's a winger. Fat Sam himself has enough werewithal to recognize that. Fuck knows what we're gonna do at LB, all of the options there remain turgid. Have to hope one of the young guys in MLS really steps up, maybe Vincent.

When JK finally does get the boot, I have a strong feeling it'll be Kreis who steps in. If we do go the American coach route, I'd prefer Vermes, Porter, or Berhalter (or, frankly, to bring back Bruce Arena). Otherwise, go out and get someone with pedigree. It'd still be a highly-attractive job opening for many managers around the world, given the potential, resources, etc.

In some real shit if they don't get 3 points tonight. T and T will surely pick up 3 tonight they play Guatemala next while US will pick up 3 against st. Vincent. But then it will be win or bust against T and T for the last game. Guatemala will likely pick up 3 against st.Vincent.

Predicting a jammy win in which we play like absolute dogshit but narrowly squeak it out at the last minute. Pressure will be off Klinsmann again despite him trotting out yet another new XI with several players out of position and everyone forgetting that we shouldn't have been in this position in the first place.

"they might be feeling 'we're going to have to score to get something out of this game'" Brilliant, Darke. Almost Madden-esque.

p.s. i come in peace, but that was horrible.

edit: maybe I'm good luck.

That was good, let's hope Klinsmann learns something (hahahaha) from that. Hope to see more of Nagbe and Nguyen in the future.

Horvath looks really good for the U23's, only heard good things about him with Molde. GK not as good as usual right now, between him and Steffen we should be set for the future.

Look at this fucking shithead, playing Yedlin at RB, Cameron at CB, and a proper 3-man midfield. After claiming he hadn't been playing anybody out of position before. Low and behold, we crush them.

Fuck Klinsmann.