Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

When I watched the replay during the match I noticed that he doesn’t look up at all after he receives the ball. 

I noticed that aswell, I think he tunnel visioned and assumed that he was on his own.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, M1tche said:

He looked the sharpest of the lot in the 1st few games. Maybe, playing every minute this season got to his legs a bit today. 2 weeks off now hopefully, will Wilson be able to come on for minutes going forward, and that will help take the load off him a bit. 

He's playing Thursday and Sunday for Sweden next week :lol: Could really do with Wilson back so we don't have to play him for every minute of every game, and maybe give him a full game off against Wimbledon.

26 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's playing Thursday and Sunday for Sweden next week :lol: Could really do with Wilson back so we don't have to play him for every minute of every game, and maybe give him a full game off against Wimbledon.

I saw pulled put of the Sweden squad and thought it was Isak, reading this had made me realise it must have been Krafth.🤦🏿

I agree though we need Wilson back, and I've hoped for draws like Wimbledon I'm early cup games, so we have the chance to drop the likes of Sanusi and Osula in with most of the main guys and still have a great chance to go through.  

For context I met up with some Liverpool mates for the 4pm kick off and we were talking about our game, the consensus of opinion was that Isak was unbelievable with the little he got of the ball, world class in fact.

7 hours ago, 80 said:

Obviously we're aiming to change this, but right now we're the wrong team for him, really. In terms of showing him at his finest.

Been thinking this but was reluctant to post it 😛

Our style could change into something quite different but on the basis of most of last season and our games so far, as great as he is, we’re wrong for each other.

Think we could really do with a striker who can hold the ball up for a lot longer as we’re very slow to support them. Would help us get up the pitch. 

Anyway, let’s see if we start to play more towards his strengths 🤞🏼

10 hours ago, Conjo said:

I really thought that one of the reasons for bringing in Osula would be to take minutes off of Isak when Wilson is out. Like when Isak is getting really tired, and we are up by a goal or so.

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I really thought that one of the reasons for bringing in Osula would be to take minutes off of Isak when Wilson is out. Like when Isak is getting really tired, and we are up by a goal or so.

It is, but you know Howe. He wants to have some time with the new players(atleast the young ones) before he gives them time on the pitch.

Edited by Displayname

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yep and in the Sela cup Osula seemed to be capable of doing just that. 

Even if Wilson is not ready for Wimbledon we need to start Osula with Isak on the bench just in case. Don't want to flog him to death. 

3 hours ago, soyt said:

Yep and in the Sela cup Osula seemed to be capable of doing just that. 

The Sela Cup is a far cry from the Premier League though. I think the (small number of) games we've had so far have been too tight for Eddie to want to throw him on, and I don't blame him as things stand. Don't want to Tomasson him. 

Hopefully he'll get 45 minutes against Wimbledon. Can see that happening, with Wilson (also hopefully) starting the game.

I wouldn't waste a start on Wilson for Wimbledon. They are precious so need to be used sparingly when it matters more :lol: Start Osula, throw in Wilson in the second half if we need a goal.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I wouldn't waste a start on Wilson for Wimbledon. They are precious so need to be used sparingly when it matters more :lol: Start Osula, throw in Wilson in the second half if we need a goal.

Ha, valid point. Howe will be going for it though, so it'll be him or Isak, I reckon...