Alexander Isak

Disco

Yeah, there's definitely been times the service hasn't been there, I don't think it was too bad in the circumstances tonight. Maybe could have done with a few of the balls playing Murphy or Almiron in, with Isak in their position instead.

Thought he was given as much as you can reasonably expect to be given against Man City tonight. 

He just didn't have a good game by his standards. Ball control was lacking. 

I don’t think his 1st chance is as easy as people think, he got his shot away and it was a decent save to be honest.

The 2nd he should have done better with and got the shot away sooner, I think he was in 2 minds of taking it early, or going round the defender and didn’t get his 1st touch right.

Every forward has been there, it happens.

If he keeps the injuries away, and we build a good team behind him who can provide him with more chances, then I fully believe he’ll beat Shearer’s goal scoring record for us if he stays long enough.

I think miggy (? I think it was) played the second one through for him a stride too late, thought that Isak received it after he expected to and was still trying to adjust

Edited by OpenC

There's not much choice other than to play the way we do with only one striker available and only really Bruno as even potentially a '10' figure. Had a few iffy touches tonight which I can easily forgive, dont think he played bad at all in the circumstances. He still reeks of a purple.

30 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I think miggy (? I think it was) played the second one through for him a stride too late, thought that Isak received it after he expected to and was still trying to adjust

The pass was good. Isak botched the reception.

14 hours ago, Conjo said:

The pass was good. Isak botched the reception.

The pass was straight at him, because of that it needed an extra touch to set the shot up, and it would have needed to one of those first touches which got Isak a quarter turn to face the goal. It was on, but not the easiest to pull off. I always think Isak is most dangerous when he's running onto a through ball.

I hate that our fans assume our strikers have to bit every single chance they get when many times it’s only one chance they get. Strikers miss. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I hate that our fans assume our strikers have to bit every single chance they get when many times it’s only one chance they get. Strikers miss. 

It's an area where Wilson bests Isak.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If a striker’s conversion rate is above 25% that’s considered very, very good.

45 minutes ago, TRon said:

The pass was straight at him, because of that it needed an extra touch to set the shot up, and it would have needed to one of those first touches which got Isak a quarter turn to face the goal. It was on, but not the easiest to pull off. I always think Isak is most dangerous when he's running onto a through ball.

If Almiron hits the ball for Isak to run onto, it hits the Man City defender. It was a good pass which Isak failed to trap properly, but normally would have.

34 minutes ago, Conjo said:

If Almiron hits the ball for Isak to run onto, it hits the Man City defender. It was a good pass which Isak failed to trap properly, but normally would have.

I thought there was a chance to hit the ball inside the defender rather than outside which would have put Isak running onto the ball instead of sideways. Even if he traps the ball - which he did - he still needs to turn to face the goal. Maybe he could have incorporated his first touch with a swivel to get him in, I think that's a question which could be asked, but it would have been a real piece of skill if he'd pulled it off.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

I thought there was a chance to hit the ball inside the defender rather than outside which would have put Isak running onto the ball instead of sideways. Even if he traps the ball - which he did - he still needs to turn to face the goal. Maybe he could have incorporated his first touch with a swivel to get him in, I think that's a question which could be asked, but it would have been a real piece of skill if he'd pulled it off.

I just watched it again to refresh my memory, but there's just no way that pass could have ended up with Isak other than making the pass Almiron made. It even was slightly ahead of Isak running onto it. 100% Isak botching the reception for what should have been an easy chance and most likely goal.

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I just watched it again to refresh my memory, but there's just no way that pass could have ended up with Isak other than making the pass Almiron made. It even was slightly ahead of Isak running onto it. 100% Isak botching the reception for what should have been an easy chance and most likely goal.

Let's just agree to disagree. I thought if Almiron looked up and played it earlier, he could have passed inside the defender.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Let's just agree to disagree. I thought if Almiron looked up and played it earlier, he could have passed inside the defender.

I literally just looked at it with my own eyes. You're just wrong. :lol:

42 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Yeah I looked it up as well with mine. Maybe you just lack vision.

Seems to be a pattern developing with isak. He comes in, looks sharp, looks a threat. Then every game seems to drain 10-15% from him where he eventually reaches zero and is officially 'injured' 

Has anyone had a groin/hip injury? I know it can develop into a snapping hip syndrome where with each game rather than get sharper, you get less mobile and can't kick through the ball. Would explain why his choice of finish is always the low curler as it hurts the least. Just a thought. 

I'm thinking he definitely needs an operation to put whatever injury it is right, otherwise its 6 games in, 6 games out.....

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah I looked it up as well with mine. Maybe you just lack vision.

Not really. Maybe you just lack the ability to conceede you were wrong in some instances where you are?

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

I'm not so sure. All round game, Isak, build your game round, Isak, most goals game for game, Isak (though this could be closer).

Old style CF hold up play, Wilson, putting away that one chance that comes your way, Wilson.

7 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm not so sure. All round game, Isak, build your game round, Isak, most goals game for game, Isak (though this could be closer).

Old style CF hold up play, Wilson, putting away that one chance that comes your way, Wilson.

Think you quoted the wrong person here :)