Alexander Isak

Disco

Don't think we need to worry about Isak leaving this summer , his injury record since he joined us will put teams off spending what we would want for him which I think would be at least £100 million. If we don't get back into Europe next season and he has a good season staying injury free then I can see other teams bidding big money for him.

Oh, it's over this? Actually found the bit about his fitness more interesting.

Responding to the transfer rumours while speaking to Swedish outlet Expressen, the attacker said: “It doesn’t affect me that much. It has been talked about many times, in many windows.

“I see it as just such a thing. Everyone knows that summer is coming and if things show up, things can happen, but I actually haven’t even thought about it.”

There had been reports that Newcastle were considering summer surgery on Isak’s groin injury that has caused him to miss eight games across two setback stints this season, something that could put off potential transfer suitors.

However, Isak was quick to shut down the speculation.

“It was a strange rumour, actually,” said the 24-year-old, who is contracted at St James’ Park until 2028. “I don't remember who it came from, but there was no person trustworthy enough to say such a thing. So, that's not true.”

Isak, who is working with a personal trainer to alleviate such injury risks, says he feels “unlucky” with his setbacks and the subsequent game-load he has had to take on amid Newcastle’s stretched squad amid frequent setbacks.

He added: “It has been hard, actually. Precisely because it has been difficult to get into one's flow. Or when you have just done it, you have had a setback. It's almost a little nicer to know that you're gone for a longer time than to have these little bumps.

“Then our situation in the team hasn't helped either, the availability of players. At some point I've come back from an injury and had to play three games in one week. It's not optimal either. At the same time, we have had important matches and an important season.”

Edited by The Prophet

53 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The entire world of football can cleanly fuck off with any offer of any kind for Isak.

As I've just said in the other thread, you sometimes don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone. Proven strikers in the Premier league don't come cheap, even spending £70m on a replacement from abroad doesn't guarantee anything.

Just now, toon25 said:

He's genuinely world class. Oozes quality whenever he's on the ball and stands out like a sore thumb at times. Just a brilliant player.

I wonder how many of those who think he doesn't bring enough to the table would like to see him at Arsenal?

38 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

He's such a dude man, hope he actually said these exact words in English :lol:

Well, he didn't say theese exact words in english, as the interview were in swedish.😄

He played both games for Sweden and although looks fit struggling with sharpness. Had a couple of chances last night he normally tucks away. hope he is back to his best soon.

Given how much we paid for him, I'm not sure (absent a minimum release fee) how many teams would be in for him.  My assumption is that the fee would need to be well north of 100m before we even consider it.

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I still have major worries about his fitness, it's a shame he won't get a full summer off. But who does I guess. 

Sweden didn't qualify for the Euros. 👌

18 hours ago, Boo Boy said:

He played both games for Sweden and although looks fit struggling with sharpness. Had a couple of chances last night he normally tucks away. hope he is back to his best soon.

Why didn't JDT play some random not ready kid up front instead? Feels a bit of an injury risk playing Isak.

On 27/03/2024 at 06:31, duo said:

THE one player I would truly be gutted if we sold 

Yep, me too.  Genuinely think that a fit and firing Isak is the closest I’ve seen to Henry, and he’s got his best years ahead of him.  He’s going to be one of the world’s best centre forwards in the coming years - we don’t have anyone else where that applies.  Hope he’s with us for the long haul, but no idea if he will be. 

I’d negotiate a contract right away with a decent pay rise, tons of goal bonuses and very high minimum release clause. Like La Liga level minimum fee. 400m. 

A top class CF is really hard to find in todays market. We have one who isn’t even in his prime yet. There is no excuse for even thinking of selling him. I’d honestly turn down 150m 

Bruno Tino Isak are untouchable.