Alexander Isak

Disco

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

I'd barely have Toney in the top 10. Brentford are mad if they think they're getting anything over £50m for him in the summer.

Okay name me 9 better strikers

Haaland

Watkins

Isak

Nunez

Toney

I'm guessing Son counts as more of a hybrid wide forward/attacking mid/striker, type?  As I still think he is absolutely brilliant and if he counts, he'd certainly be in my top 5. 

Think Watkins got to be second after the season he has had. I wouldnt swith Isak for Watkins but hes been the best striker this season really.

Haaland

Watkins

Isak

Nunez

Hojlund

Solanke 

Toney

On 03/04/2024 at 07:44, ExiledGeordie said:

There’s a good chance Bruno goes, selling Isak too risks wrecking too much of our progression and a massive negative reaction from fan base. Sends out completely the wrong message regarding ambition.  

Selling Bruno hugely hinders any progression we hope to make and also will send out completely the wrong message to the supporters. The owners have to find another way around FFP or ignore it or go to court.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Selling Bruno hugely hinders any progression we hope to make and also will send out completely the wrong message to the supporters. The owners have to find another way around FFP or ignore it or go to court.

Ignoring it isn’t really a viable option.

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'd have Nunez second personally. Think he's massively underrated and could become scary good.

His ceiling is high just like Hojlund, but hes got to be more clinical and better in front of goal. Dont think he deserves any higher than fourth.

Edited by nufc123

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

Okay name me 9 better strikers

In no particular order:

Haaland, Alvarez, Isak, Jota, Son, Watkins, Hojlund, Wilson, Nunez

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'd have Nunez second personally. Think he's massively underrated and could become scary good.

You would take Nunez over Isak if your club had the choice? Unrelated question, but are you bald and do you wear polo necks?

Go and drop 500 million in the next transfer window which should be enough to make us top four competitive if spent wisely and if it costs us 10 points so be it. We'd still finish higher up than if we have no money to spend this summer

Just now, Away Toon said:

Go and drop 500 million in the next transfer window which should be enough to make us top four competitive if spent wisely and if it costs us 10 points so be it. We'd still finish higher up than if we have no money to spend this summer

Could potentially result in points deductions for the next three years mind.

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Could potentially result in points deductions for the next three years mind.

Maybe, but we just don’t know as there doesn’t appear to be anything in writing as to what the potential penalties are. They seem to just make them up on a case to case basis.

1 hour ago, healthyaddiction said:

Isak is obviously a better footballer, but what Haaland does, is SO elite, he is still comfortably the best striker in the league.

Until Isak, or any other striker, bags 25+ league goals in the season, it's really just Haaland and then everyone else.

Haaland is more a typical number 9, and a fantastic one at that. At the end of the day you just know he's going to be top goalscorer every season and that's what top clubs pay big money for.

That said, if Isak can go the best part of a full season without any injuries he's got the potential to be even more frightening.

Haaland

Isak

Watkins

Nunez

Hojlund

Solanke

Toney

Nunez and Hojlund both have the potential to climb a tier or two. The next tier probably includes Adebayo, Awoniyi, and Richarlison. When you do this exercise you realize that it'd be insane to sell Isak for anything less than a top 3 transfer fee of all time.

It makes me kind of furious when I hear talk of selling Isak for £100m. He's 24. Spurs got the best part of that for a 30 year old Kane with a year left on his contract.

That fourth tier would also include Alvarez and probably has to include Wilson also, which is why I'm not as keen to rush him out the door as some.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That fourth tier would also include Alvarez and probably has to include Wilson also, which is why I'm not as keen to rush him out the door as some.

If Wilson could stay fit for even half the games in a season, why would anyone want him out the door?

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

If Wilson could stay fit for even half the games in a season, why would anyone want him out the door?

Wilson could be fit enough if we could use him responsibly. 

15 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

You could be right, but even if you are, Howe isn't about to dial down the intensity of our training regime or match day work rate for any player. I just don't think it works out for him here, or another top club tbh. He needs a Steve Bruce type club where the manager's only requirement is "let's play!"

21 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm not sure I agree, his career injury record is poor. He's currently out with a pectoral injury for example.