Loris Karius: Released (Official)

NWMag

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

Sorry but ‘You couldn’t write it’ is a real pet peeve of mine. Always used in situations where you obviously could write it (is there anything you couldn’t?). Particularly glaring in this instance as, if written, it’s a cliche redemption story.

"You could write it but probably wouldn't, which you could say about literally anything to a degree dependant on the statistical outcome of it happening" sounds shit though.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I think this guy is a far better keeper than people give him credit for. 

He had a shocker in the final but wasn't he elbowed into goalpost by and concussed by Ramos? 

I think the GK position is by far the least important for this game. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think this guy is a far better keeper than people give him credit for. 

He had a shocker in the final but wasn't he elbowed into goalpost by and concussed by Ramos? 

I think the GK position is by far the least important for this game. 

Pope would have been a massive advantage if it went to pens.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Not sure if yesterday changed things but Pope had the best save percentage in the league, he's a massive advantage over a keeper who's barely played in ages.

Karius could have a blinder like and hopefully he does.

Not a big fan of keeper stats to be honest. De Gea is arguably the best shot stopper in the history of the league but is 13th in save percentage. 

It was terrible defending that left Nunez free last night and the keeper had very little chance but it will go against the save percentage stat. 

Tom Heaton has one of the best penalty save ratios in the leagues history but I promise you we won't be taking him on for pens. :lol:

2 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Sorry but ‘You couldn’t write it’ is a real pet peeve of mine. Always used in situations where you obviously could write it (is there anything you couldn’t?). Particularly glaring in this instance as, if written, it’s a cliche redemption story.

EZOE355X0AAyIKy.png

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

All I'm saying is I'm not in any way more confident than I was before with Karius being in nets instead of Pope. 

You're trying too hard to be nice and it's unbecoming, frankly. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

[emoji38]

I agree to an extent about save stats like Froggy, but Pope has been rock solid and losing him is massive like. It's like replacing a reliable 1 in 2 striker with someone who'll grab 1 in 4. Not necessarily disastrous and you can still play your gameplan but your odds of scoring vs conceding are effected to a point it has a pretty clear impact on the statistical outcome of the game.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

All I'm saying is I'm not in any way more confident than I was before with Karius being in nets instead of Pope. 

well you should be. Pope has been coming off his line like that all season and it’s a huge part of how we play and why we’re able to play such a high line with slow defenders. It’s typical the first error he’s made with it resulted in a red and missing our first cup final for decades.

There will most likely be huge gaps behind our defence for Rashford now. 

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

Oh no, I'm confident. I think you lads overrate your team massively and your drop off was always coming. 

You'll be fitter than us because you're shit and in less competitions. Your only hope is to overrun us, because quality wise we're better man for man. 

Better?

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Oh no, I'm confident. I think you lads overrate your team massively and your drop off was always coming. 

You'll be fitter than us because you're shit and in less competitions. Your only hope is to overrun us, because quality wise we're better man for man. 

Reveal hidden contents

Better?

Smug cunt.

I'll kill you if I ever get my hands on you, you complete bastard.

34 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

[emoji38]

I agree to an extent about save stats like Froggy, but Pope has been rock solid and losing him is massive like. It's like replacing a reliable 1 in 2 striker with someone who'll grab 1 in 4. Not necessarily disastrous and you can still play your gameplan but your odds of scoring vs conceding are effected to a point it has a pretty clear impact on the statistical outcome of the game.

Losing the 'keeper who rocked up and broke a few of our 130 year old records within 20 games, is top of loads of key metrics in the league this season, and who some argue is already the best Newcastle goalkeeper they've ever seen, for a 'keeper whose career was famously ruined by two massive mistakes in a final isn't going to change all that much apparently :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Put it this way, because of our form, injuries and Man United's form going into this, I was probably about 40/60 in favour of Man United. Without Pope and with Karius alone, I'm now probably 25/75 in favour of Man United.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Put it this way, because of our form, injuries and Man United's form going into this, I was probably about 40/60 in favour of Man United. Without Pope and with Karius alone, I'm now probably 25/75 in favour of Man United.

Fantastic to know

38 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Better?

I actually think you are shit as well in some positions, and somewhat overperforming in the last few weeks. There's not much in it.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Losing the 'keeper who rocked up and broke a few of our 130 year old records within 20 games, is top of loads of key metrics in the league this season, and who some argue is already the best Newcastle goalkeeper they've ever seen, for a 'keeper whose career was famously ruined by two massive mistakes in a final isn't going to change all that much apparently :lol:

Pope has been a Newcastle player for just over half a season, who's arguing he's the best keeper you've ever had? :lol: lightyears behind Given surely and I'd have thought Krul and Dubravka would be held in higher regard. A bit of recency bias maybe because you're having such a good season. 

Not many keepers wouldn't have excelled behind Botman and Schar this season. Karius will be fine IMO. 

The Dubravka loan looks like a complete mess now mind. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I actually think you are shit as well in some positions, and somewhat overperforming in the last few weeks. There's not much in it.

We don't have a centre forward and right wing has been dodgy for most of the season so I'd give you those two anyway. 

That post you replied to was a joke though. We're obviously stronger than you, but we have glaring weaknesses. 

Just now, Froggy said:

We don't have a centre forward and right wing has been dodgy for most of the season so I'd give you those two anyway. 

That post you replied to was a joke though. We're obviously stronger than you, but we have glaring weaknesses. 

Fair.