Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

15 hours ago, Coastie said:

Hard to know where he's at now after two disastrous loans. The lad certainly had ability when I was watching him regularly and actually started quite well at Volendam - scored goal of the month and had a very neat assist - but after the coaching debacle it all fell apart for him.

Still only a teenager but if he's not good enough (pretty quickly) for NUFC U23s then maybe EPL is unrealistic. Bring him back to Newcastle to have a proper look.

Definitely DON’T farm him out again until January. Get him bedded in at the club for preseason and see how he does in the July-Dec 6 months.

On 23/04/2024 at 07:08, Groundhog63 said:

If we're being empathetic to a young lad who's had, for whatever reasons, a tough couple of seasons then bringing him back in house would be the correct thing to do. 

Show him he's not forgotten and get him back on track. 

Agreed.

Not for footballing reasons. Just to support the lad.

From a footballing perspective, if he's not a standout at the level of his loans that is a concern. Not all of these gambles will pay off. 

It’s a massive step up from a handful of A-League matches to a decent European league.  It was always massively risky to send him where we have.  He should’ve been sent to a fourth tier club a la Anderson to see if he could be toughened up first, as well as to see if the lad could start stepping up levels.

Sometimes these signings don’t work out, but I also don’t think that the lad has been handled well.  He definitely should be retained at NUFC for a period to let him settle and get training with our reserve set up.  

18 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Has been recalled and will be in the squad heading out to Australia (as per The Athletic)

Saw that one coming. Try and take some of the home support from Ange.

Must be pretty cool to suddenly get thrown to the front of the promotional material when you've not even played for the club. Maybe some time integrating with the squad will do him some good.

Garang-Kuol-Melbourne.png

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Saw that one coming. Try and take some of the home support from Ange.

We might get relentlessly booed for what we've done to him :lol:

Posted (edited)

Perhaps it will help him a little psychologically to be back in his home country and reset himself before the start of next season. I'd be tempted to keep him around for a little bit of pre season and then get him off to a L1 club who play some good football.

Edited by Mazzy

I still think we should keep him here for the season with Wilson been injured most the time i think he could do a job to help isak out, whether that be last twenty in every game or the odd start in cups.