Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

28 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

So roll on the next one - Brighton v Brentford, we wanting a draw?

A draw will be fine as only 2 points will be taken, as opposed to 3, and neither will close significantly on us, and it will still feel like dropped points for Brighton with them being at home, but realistically, I think I'd prefer a Brentford win with them having played 2 games more, and generally not as good.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-6-finish

If you look at the current top 6 odds, Brighton are around 4/6 to finish inside, whereas Brentford are a modal average of 20/1, so Brighton are clearly much more of a threat to us generally - it's a bit like a few weeks away when Brighton played Fulham, some were wanting a draw, others were wanting Fulham to win, and that shock Fulham away win is obviously looking a lot better now, as it was generally always more likely to be, longer term.

A Brighton win is clearly the worst result, by a mile.

Edited by Paullow

For comparison, our game at the Etihad a month ago (vs. Haaland and Foden) was 1.3 vs. 0.4. Our score underrates the Wilson chance, and we got nothing for Joelinton's airshot from that cross. xG only counts actual shots.

21 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Grealish is great like. 

He's a fabulous player. He's paid his penance for besmirching Miggy's name, now he's earning the accolades good luck to him. Hopefully this will have been a lesson well learned, keep your trap shut and work on your own game.

42 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Really want City to win the league , can’t stand that Wanker Arteta and “them long suffering Arsenal fans “

Nah, Pep does the same wanky sideline shenanigans. I’d rather Arsenal win.