Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't buy big 6 corruption patter personally but I'm assuming those 'VAR decisions' don't include absolute clear and obvious errors that haven't been overturned?

I'm not arguing we haven't had decisions go our way. That Maguire handball could be argued, the Rashford goal against City was absolutely ridiculous. 

But Rashford also had a goal ruled out for handball that was a scandalous decision. I don't think Andy Carroll was even booked for a red card tackle on Eriksen that put him out for months. 

Just saying. There's no corruption. Anyone who thinks there is needs help.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I'm not arguing we haven't had decisions go our way. That Maguire handball could be argued, the Rashford goal against City was absolutely ridiculous. 

Forgot Fernandes kicking Schar in the head 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

But Rashford also had a goal ruled out for handball that was a scandalous decision. I don't think Andy Carroll was even booked for a red card tackle on Eriksen that put him out for months. 

Just saying. There's no corruption. Anyone who thinks there is needs help.

It's swings and roundabouts, they're all as shite as each other. We've had a win robbed from us by VAR at home to Palace and if not for Isak's pen against Forest it would've robbed 2 wins, 4 points from us.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

No one is paying refs off, they are just shit. I don’t know if there is unconscious bias, maybe. But it’s not some overarching conspiracy 

You don’t need to pay them when the vast majority of them come from within a bus ride of Manchester & Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Kane gets away with a lot that other players wouldn’t imo, I don’t know whether it’s his status or how he is as a guy. Fuck knows 

Imagine him a Man u shirt, he'll be untouchable. [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If you've had more VAR decisions in your favour it means you've had more VAR decisions in your favour. Look at it whatever way you want. 

If VAR is corrupt in favour of the big six as everyone suggests then the big 6 would have benefitted the most from VAR decisions. 

I don't really see how that's relevant at all. It's all down to luck when for example a linesman raises his flag and when he doesn't on a tight offside but it gets categorised as VAR decision for or against someone.

4 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Kane gets away with a lot that other players wouldn’t imo, I don’t know whether it’s his status or how he is as a guy. Fuck knows 

When refs are reminded to 'Protect the brand' it's code for things like not sending off the league's star players. These things don't need to be said explicitly to be understood even on an unconscious level imo.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

When refs are reminded to 'Protect the brand' it's code for don't send off the league's star players. These things don't need to be said explicitly to be understood even on an unconscious level imo.

Yeah that’s sort of how I feel, it’s like an implied threat more than explicit instructions 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

When refs are reminded to 'Protect the brand' it's code for don't send off the league's star players. These things don't need to be said explicitly to be understood even on an unconscious level imo.

Are refs told to protect the brand?

Shearer had the same aura, to be fair, it’s all I used to remember hearing about him from other fans. Great player, but a dirty cheating fucker that referees were scared of. Think it’s one of those where you love it/actively ignore it if it’s one of your own, but are all over it when it’s someone else, and there can only ever be one or two of those players in the league at any one time.