Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, joeyt said:

Remember van Gaal's AZ absolutely doing us in Alkmaar.

Frustrating

They did exactly what they are doing right now. Made the game scrappy, brought the game down to their level, referee let them get away with it, and did us the same way at their place.

This is why West Ham need to go to Alkmaar with a good lead.

I also remember walking around town at about lunch time, outside a pub opposite Central Station a load of Alkmaar fans were giving me abuse as I walked past with my Newcastle top on, I was only 16 or something at the time.

I’m pretty sure they caused bother in Newcastle that day as well.

A fucking horrible club, absolutely fucking awful, right from the cheating players/management, to the scumbag fans.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They did exactly what they are doing right now. Made the game scrappy, brought the game down to their level, referee let them get away with it, and did us the same way at their place.

This is why West Ham need to go to Alkmaar with a good lead.

I also remember walking around town at about lunch time, outside a pub opposite Central Station a load of Alkmaar fans were giving me abuse as I walked past with my Newcastle top on, I was only 16 or something at the time.

I’m pretty sure they caused bother in Newcastle that day as well.

A fucking horrible club, absolutely fucking awful, right from the cheating players/management, to the scumbag fans.

Wut

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This Roma game has been shit tbh. Stop-start, no quality, neither side has had the ball for any meaningful amount of time in the opposition's third.

Third Europa League game I've watched this season and they've been a triumvirate of shiiiiiite.

Aye it's been dogshit. No one seems to be able to find a pass.

I wouldn't begrudge Moyseh a trophy, but the fact the media/most pundits had West Ham winning this a inevitable after they got through the group stage is enough to want to see them humiliated 

7 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Sevilla were 4th favourites for the EL when I looked this morning. Another example of odds being out of whack when you consider the fact they basically win this tournament by default.

Weren’t all the odds pretty much the same, between 3 and 4 for all the remaining teams?

Edited by Pata

West Ham's whole midfield looks poor. Still think Rice is massively overrated like. I know I'm in the minority but I feel like he is a 2023 Scott Parker.