Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

42 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Europa Conference will be great to watch I reckon. Just a shame Chelsea, Real Betis and possibly still Fiorentina are in there. 

That they lost to Servette tonight hopefully provides a hint that they'll treat it with the contempt required to get them dumped out a la Spurs a couple years back. 

Why a pity re the other two? Fiorentina very lucky by the looks of it, incidentally. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That they lost to Servette tonight hopefully provides a hint that they'll treat it with the contempt required to get them dumped out a la Spurs a couple years back. 

Why a pity re the other two? Fiorentina very lucky by the looks of it, incidentally. 

I just think it should be for the non big-5 leagues that's all. :lol:

Fiorentina are an average Serie A side yet have walked to the Final in this the past two years. English, Spanish, Italian, probably German & French too should be able to get to the last 8 without breaking a sweat. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just think it should be for the non big-5 leagues that's all. :lol:

Fiorentina are an average Serie A side yet have walked to the Final in this the past two years. English, Spanish, Italian, probably German & French too should be able to get to the last 8 without breaking a sweat. 

Generally agree - certainly when it comes to the PL - but concede that it would have very little gravitas if those leagues weren't represented, and kinda undermine anyone's victory. Olympiacos winning it last year having overcome the 4th best team in England in the semis was a great thing.  

Even if just the two countries who finish top in the co-efficients and gain the extra CL place, don't have any Europa Conference places the following season, I think that'd be good. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut