Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I was thinking the other week. That the prem had been a bit card happy so far

this season. Didn’t think much more of it and thought it’s probably just another part of modern football I hadn’t properly noticed before. 

I then heard it mentioned on comms earlier about how easily yellow cards are given out now and how perhaps the bans for 5 and 10 games should be changed to reflect that. As players are getting booked for fuck all.

Well, I’m paraphrasing the last bit. 

The Premier League will be in on it with the gambling companies who will making loads of money off people betting on cards in a match.

It’s why XG etc was all created, just more stats that they can sell you bets on.

31 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Chelsea are jammy cockney bastards. 

They're not Cockneys - they're West London and Surrey. Yer Cockneys are West Ham, Millwall, and a bit of Spurs. Arsenal are less Cockney - I believe the technical term is a "shower of cunts".

Edit: Sorry, forgot the mighty O's, although like Spurs they're maybe a touch too far north. Both Spurs and Orient bleed into Clapton and a bit lower though which is close enough.

Edited by leffe186

14 minutes ago, Elric said:

There's some fucking fixing going on with 14 cards like, what the fuck :lol:

Can't speak for the rest of the match but the little bit at the end I saw there could have easily been five or six cards just for people time wasting and being twats.

18 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They're not Cockneys - they're West London and Surrey. Yer Cockneys are West Ham, Millwall, and a bit of Spurs. Arsenal are less Cockney - I believe the technical term is a "shower of cunts".

Edit: Sorry, forgot the mighty O's, although like Spurs they're maybe a touch too far north. Both Spurs and Orient bleed into Clapton and a bit lower though which is close enough.

I know that, but all Londoners are still cockney bastards to us older lot! 😊

Edited by Big Geordie

20 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Does that mean West Ham are the biggest team in London.  Proper cockneys my san.

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

Does that mean West Ham are the biggest team in London.  Proper cockneys my san.

:lol: Got into a bit of a scrap with a guy nicking stuff in Moorgate the other day (just inside the City of London, in between Liverpool St, Bank and the Barbican). His parting shot was something suggesting I should fuck off back to where I came from, and I genuinely enjoyed pointing out to him where my Grandad came from down the road, and taking the one tiny bit of self-righteousness he could cling to.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

:lol: Got into a bit of a scrap with a guy nicking stuff in Moorgate the other day (just inside the City of London, in between Liverpool St, Bank and the Barbican). His parting shot was something suggesting I should fuck off back to where I came from, and I genuinely enjoyed pointing out to him where my Grandad came from down the road, and taking the one tiny bit of self-righteousness he could cling to.

[emoji38]

Villa consistently get away with that high line in a way that always seems lucky. It's mind-blowing how often they're not punished when they should be. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Villa consistently get away with that high line. It's mind-blowing how often they're not punished when they should be. 

Probably change this season but it’s seemingly only us havent worked out it’s all the have.

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Probably change this season but it’s seemingly only us havent worked out it’s all the have.

We pissed all over them at ours and they somehow came away with three points, then we pissed all over them at theirs and did them 4-0. They’re good, but much in the same way you are built to exploit our weaknesses we seem to exploit theirs. Just hope we have Solanke fit at Villa Park.

I can't believe the only senior goalies Forest have got on their books are that random Brazilian guy who's played a small handful of games in his whole career, then Matz Sels. :lol:

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

We pissed all over them at ours and they somehow came away with three points, then we pissed all over them at theirs and did them 4-0. They’re good, but much in the same way you are built to exploit our weaknesses we seem to exploit theirs. Just hope we have Solanke fit at Villa Park.

It's amazing how it's so easy to figure out, but nobody has actually managed to figure it out with any consistency, given our results since the Blessed One arrived.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I can't believe the only senior goalies Forest have got on their books are that random Brazilian guy who's played a small handful of games in his whole career, then Matz Sels. :lol:

We have a Greek international that we could sell them.

15 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's amazing how it's so easy to figure out, but nobody has actually managed to figure it out with any consistency, given our results since the Blessed One arrived.

I've seen plenty of teams do it against you and somehow manage to mess up the 1v1s mind. Find it all a bit weird tbh. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You mean only us that have? 

That was what I thought he meant at first which is why I was going to reply, then thought maybe he did really mean what he said but figured I’d make the point anyway :lol:

30 minutes ago, brummie said:

I saw Watkins was now your second highest scorer in the Premier League behind Gabby, and was surprised that you had only three above 50 goals. Then I saw Newcastle only have one - Alan Shearer - since Cole left after two years in the Prem. Is this true? Seems a bit mental.

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I saw Watkins was now your second highest scorer in the Premier League behind Gabby, and was surprised that you had only three above 50 goals. Then I saw Newcastle only have one - Alan Shearer - since Cole left after two years in the Prem. Is this true? Seems a bit mental.

Callum Wilson is second on 47.

All our decent scorers apart from Shearer were only here briefly in PL era - Les, Cole, Beardsley, Ba - or always injured (Wilson, Owen) or not been here long yet (Isak).

Edited by Superior Acuña