Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sounds like the Spurs fans are getting on Solankes back slightly. Few moans and groans when he lost it there

He had a purple patch last season, but he's not got it to be playing at a top side imo

Just now, 54 said:

Spurs love getting to the edge of the box, and than doing nothing with it. 

Based on this and last week they are the opposite of clinical. 

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Never noticed how bad arsenal are for stealing yards on throw-ins. Comes from Arteta aswell, every time the ball goes out he's grabbing it and giving it to his players no where near where it was. 

There was one about 5 mins ago that was inside their own half and then by the time Timber threw it he was half way inside the spurs half  [emoji38]

Then he had the nerve to complain about spurs doing the same thing. 

Annoys me to no end

Just now, Mike said:

How much did Solankie cost?

Just now, Jack27 said:

65m

He’s not bad at all but he’s someone you have to create for. He’s not going to making chances for himself and this slow sideways passing doesn’t really suit him. 

This game and last, Maddison has been non-existent to shite, which marries up to what Leicester fans said about him before he moved.

Glad we swerved him. 

Just now, Menace said:

Spurs are incredibly toothless. Think Sky shot their load a bit too early with Ange.

You’ve reminded me of the relentless wank-a-thon about him this time last season. They couldn’t get enough. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Timber has been excellent; looks like Califori will be well used to the bench. Do they still have Tierney and Zinchenko?

Aye. His hard on for left backs that play central reminds me of Pardew.

Think this is Arsenal's year. They've had Brighton at home and Villa and Spurs away in their opening fixtures and still got an almost perfect points total and look solid defensively. They look ready to keep pace with City this year.

At what point do Spurs fans start to turn on Ange?

From what i've seen over the last year whenever Spurs lose, their fans tend to say they play really good football and they're dominating games, so "Trust the process" and it'll come, but this will be the second game in a row against teams they're competing with, that basic tactics of siting deep and being compact, and hitting them on the counter has been successful, all the while they have a lot of the ball but just pass from side to side like a Brendan Rogers side of 2015. Its got to start getting really annoying soon. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

From what i've seen over the last year whenever Spurs lose, their fans tend to say they play really good football and they're dominating games, so "Trust the process" and it'll come, but this will be the second game in a row against teams they're competing with, that basic tactics of siting deep and being compact, and hitting them on the counter has been successful, all the while they have a lot of the ball but just pass from side to side like a Brendan Rogers side of 2015. Its got to start getting really annoying soon. 

Honestly think if this keeps up, that by Christmas Ange will be under a lot of pressure

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I was wondering exactly this, maybe @leffe186 can enlighten us on what he makes of it. 

48 minutes ago, 54 said:

The problem is, I don't think you're ever going to have any real consistency when its humans making the decision, especially when its such a subjective and high speed sport, its always going to be tough to have the exact same opinion from game to game. 

Absolutely agree. That might be a key reason why refs in general are reluctant to book players.